Can a Vox SS do metal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a Vox SS do metal?

I was at the GC (I think you know what that is) one day and the store guy asked if I tried a Vox for metal and I just dismissed it cuz i felt, "How would it look, a guy playing heavy metal through a Vox?". When I think Vox, I think Brian May.

Anyone have experience, playing metal through a SS Vox (not a ship)?

Also, how does the distortion sound? Thanka yous.

Re: Can a Vox SS do metal?

wat amp???
    maybe through a valvetronix
    it matters what metal (classic metal rocks through cranked AC30's but for nu stuff they arent that heavyZ)
    Gondola Kid
    Bandcamp
    Facebook
    JimijaymesGuitarist
    Youtube

Comment

Not a regular Vox SS, but a Valvetronix head on a closed back cabinet will give most 'metal amps' a run for the money. Valvetronix amps have an endless number of posibilities for highgain, mostly because of the Recto model, plus OD models.....and also a noisegate. I can duplicate the sound of a Bogner, 5150, Marshall, or Rectifier pretty easily with my AD60 head.
      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
        Not a regular Vox SS, but a Valvetronix head on a closed back cabinet will give most 'metal amps' a run for the money. Valvetronix amps have an endless number of posibilities for highgain, mostly because of the Recto model, plus OD models.....and also a noisegate. I can duplicate the sound of a Bogner, 5150, Marshall, or Rectifier pretty easily with my AD60 head.
        I'm a blues/classic rock guy but I agree with GJ in that there are some great hugh gain models in the Valvetronix VTH 60 AND 120 series heads into the right cabinet.
        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Thanks dudes

Comment

Working...
          X