Reverb Units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reverb Units

Thanks for the feedback. I've been trying to locate one of the new Marshall reverb pedals locally as well without any luck.

Comment

I have two I will recommend, both "sleepers", both by Peavey.

Their rack mount Val-verb unit has both tremelo and reverb; and was a very highly rated unit back in the day.

For a foot pedal, try and find one of their SDR-16s. You'll need the power supply--it does not use batteries. Sixteen different stereo reverb effects, rugged, quiet; and better sounding than the Boss Reverb.

Ususally, you can find really good deals on these.

Bill
      When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Erik, I told ya before I don't know about the HG, but if it's as good at reverb as the Small Clone is at Chorusing, I wouldn't hesitate to pick one up. I'm really impressed with the SC. I think I like it better *gasp* than the old CE-2 I had for 15 or 16 years, believe it or not. I don't know how reliable it will be, but the tone is absolutely fantastic
        I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Thanks, Bill and Jeff.

I'm currently selling a rack unit so getting another would be kinda pointless...lol. The little Alesis units I'm considering because they are so compact. But yeah, those old Peavey's are nice. Used a Val-verb before that was in a friend's rig. Very nice. The pedal sounds interesting. No problem needing to use DC power, whatever I get will be sitting on the floor by the amp anyway in the Effects loop.

The Small Clone is really sweet, I agree. Everything construction-wise about it is the same as the HG (enclosure, jacks, power supply, switch), just a different circuit board. Christian speaks highly of it.

Comment

There's an ART MR-1 reverb on eBay right now. Anybody use one of these? It's pretty small, simple, can be bypassed. The lack of bypass on the Alesis stuff is kinda turning me away, unless the button is on the back or something.

Comment

Working...
            X