Bassman with a bass cab.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bassman with a bass cab.

Hey guys, I'm buying a Fender bassman from about '68 and I wanted to buy an avatar bass cab to go with it. I want to use this amp to record bass on, buy mostly for cleans for a guitar. Would it sound good with a bass speakers?

Re: Bassman with a bass cab.

If your recording Bass? I think most Bassist and Engineers would agree it's best to record direct. In my 25+ years playing there are a few things I've yet to see. #1) A bass amp in a recording studio with the speaker miked. #2) A bass player using a Fender bassman for bass. It is how ever a very cool guitar amp. You may want to consider getting guitar speakers from Avatar. It seems like a waste to drop the cash on a bass cab. When you really don't have a good bass amp. ( I know it says Bassman on the faceplate) But trust me... It's not really a desirable bass amp.
    http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

no it's not very desireable as a bass amp. They distort much too quickly with a bass guitar and you don't get very good clean tone. The low frequencies drive it too hard. Also, though I have seen people mic a bass cab in the studio, it's not very common. Sometimes people like to mic it and run it direct to get more of a live tone out of it, which I think is a great idea, but I just don't like going through all that trouble so I just direct it too.
      Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
      It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
      Originally posted by LesStrat
      Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Read this about the Bassman-
        amplifier, tube amplifier, valve amplifier, guitar amplifier, tube amp, valve amp, guitar amp, vacuum tube, thermionic valve, tone, amplifier myths, amp myths
        " Rock and Roll IS a contact sport!"

Comment

Working...
        X