NYC Pedalboards: who owns/owned one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYC Pedalboards: who owns/owned one?

I was looking at the Standard series- the covering is some kind of furry material. How easy is it to clean? Does it pick up lint, pet hair etc?
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Re: NYC Pedalboards: who owns/owned one?

I don't own one, but I got in a Pedaltrain Pro SC a week ago and I'm pretty sure you'd dig it for all the different sounds/fx you're going for
    Originally posted by kevlar3000
    I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
    Originally posted by Zerberus
    Better is often the enemy of good
    Originally posted by ginormous
    Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

I have an NYC board and it is prone t picking up lent. fuzz and junk but most of it will wipe off with your hand and the rest can be gotten by a lent roller or some duct tape.

Great boards BTW...very well made, solid as a rock and you can pretty much get any size you need/want.
      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

thanks for the info- what color is yours, the black or the grey?
        I looked into pedal train, but i need a bigger one for my midi setup.

Comment

Here is mine that just came in last week. It is the Pedalhead. I had a thread about mine but just in case you missed it I'll post a few pics.

Everything on the board looks top notch. I was using one of those cheap $40 powered boards you see all over ebay. I liked it for it's small size and convenience but needed something bigger. Of course the two are totally different, but where it really blew me away is the type of velcro they use. On my other one it only took turning it upside down for the pedal sto come off of the board and it had started to look a ragady. I can barelly pull the pedals off NYC myself. I turned it it upside down and shook it, tossed it around a bit several times and the pedals stayed right in place. I guess the only down side for myself is it's big and hard to fit in just a Camaro's back seat with guitars and an amp, but I guess that's my fault for having to many pedals. It took about 4 1/2 weeks from calling in my order to receiving it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer
            thanks for the info- what color is yours, the black or the grey?
            I looked into pedal train, but i need a bigger one for my midi setup.

Mine is black. Killer board...I can not say enough good things about the board, the price of the customer service I got from NYC Pedal boards!
            If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Here is an older pic of mine:

Comment

Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

yeah, im mostly concerned about pet hair- i have cats, and no matter what room i keep them out of, carpet attracts cat hair. I was wondering if i'd spend a lot of time trying to clean the outside of the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer
                    yeah, im mostly concerned about pet hair- i have cats, and no matter what room i keep them out of, carpet attracts cat hair. I was wondering if i'd spend a lot of time trying to clean the outside of the case.
                    I have one also and yes, you will spend some time cleaning the outside of the case. That said, it's a great pedal board. I've got the large one -- don't remember what he calls it -- and have had it for over two years. Very pleased. You will need some kind of lint brush though if you want it super clean. Either that or toss the cats!

- Keith
                    Originally posted by ImmortalSix
                    I am just jug the merlot

Comment

yeah, i figured id spend at least some time cleaning. i was either considering the NYC or a flight case (which weighs in at 30lbs, vs the 18 of the NYC). I mentioned my concern to NYC, and he recommended the grey carpet, and is even sending me a swatch of it. A flight case is nice, with a vinyl covering and strong metal latches and corners, but I am not intending to fly with this rig, so it might be too much for me. The flight case costs about $2o more than the NYC, so cost isn't a concern, just weight, and convienience.

Comment

Roadcase pedalboards weigh a ton! As a matter of fact, I can't see myself ever buying an ATA case, unless I was on a major tour. They almost weigh as much as the contents! The NYC pedalboard just feels like a slightly heavy guitar case with my pedals inside. And I love Tuki padded covers for amps.
                        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
                        X