inexpensive cabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inexpensive cabs

i just bought an epiphone valve jr. amp head to play around with and maybe take to college. it's the first head-only unit i've ever had. I'm thinking maybe a 2X10, 2X12 speaker cabinet, but i'm pretty clueless as to brands, speakers, etc. since i only spent $100 on the head, it'd be nice to find a cab for at most around the same price. do ya'll have any suggestions, maybe know someone that builds them in roughly that price range? thanks, appreciate the benefit of ya'lls far greater experience.
    Gear: Ibanez SZ520
    **Peavey XXX 112 Combo**
    Ovation Elite standard

Re: inexpensive cabs

i think you should spend like a few more bucks and get a descnet one, for when you upgrade your head later. if not, then whatever you can find on ebay for cheap is probably the best bet.

Comment

You can't get a pair of decent speakers for that kind of $$$. You can get some unloaded 2x12 cabs in that price range on evilbay but even POS speakers are gonna run you some $$$.
      Originally posted by LesStrat
      make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
      My Music

Comment

do ya'll have any recommendations for, say, the $200-ish range?
        **Peavey XXX 112 Combo**
        Ovation Elite standard

Comment

Behringer cabs < $300
          4x12 with Jensen/Bugera speakers

Comment

how hard is it to install speakers yourself into an empty cab? are they all you need?
            **Peavey XXX 112 Combo**
            Ovation Elite standard

Comment

Look on eBay for the not as popular but, very good cabs such as Laney and Hughes & Kettner. Never know what you'll find.

Comment

Working...
              X