Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6 Toneport

Folks,

thanks for diverting my attention from guitarport to toneport UX1. im seriously considering it. anything i should know abt it before buying it? possible problems or weaknesses?
    On Munky of Korn:

munky.. they got respect for him.. he's the jimi hendrix of our era

Re: Line 6 Toneport

bump! come on folks, need feedback. i cant try it out in person.
    On Munky of Korn:

Comment

I'm using it as a pre amp of sorts into a 112 ValveKing today and it's pretty good. It won't replace the amps it models but who can afford all of those? Of all the modeling boxes I've owned which is most it ranks at or near the top.
      Pulse 2AM - YouTube
      Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Yeah, grab one! I've got the UX2 and it rocks. And buy as many amp model packs as you can afford because some of them absolutely rock!
        7 FREE TRACKS OF ROCK - driftrocks.bandcamp.com

PARTY - pulsepartyband.com

In mother Russia, pedal overdrives you.

Comment

i love mine, but i actually use it more for just a sweet recording tool than a guitar recording tool. The clean tones and some of the crunchier tones are awsome, but i really dont like the high gain tones that come out of the toneport. could be just me, i have heard people praise them too. i usually mic my amp (yet another thing the toneport allows you to do) and use the bass models, vocal preamps, stompboxes, etc. overall i love it.
          my gear: '80s fender bullet (tele style)
          fender dg20ce acoustic
          peavey blazer 15 watt
          line 6 pod 2.3 and floorboard
          Atomic Reactor 112
          Warmoth double fat strat w/ SD Jb bridge and Dimarzio Humbucker from Hell

Comment

Originally posted by clint_41
            ... but i really dont like the high gain tones that come out of the toneport. could be just me, i have heard people praise them too.
            Have you bought any of the extra amp model add-ons? Because I did NOT care for the Mesa models on the toneport (too much Bass that can almost not be dialed out), but I bought all the model packs, and the hi gain models in the metal shop are SICK especially the Bogner Uberschall and Diezel VH4. I think for hi-gain, you need the metal pack.

Comment

I'm gonna be pickin up the UX2 here pretty soon for bass/vox recording. I've got all the model packs on my PODxt...If you want high-gain you're best off using the metal-shop pack. My favorite combination on there is the triple rectifier model along with the vintage-30 loaded cab and an on-axis SM57. Get some pretty crunchy tones outta that.

Comment

Originally posted by krankguitarist
                I'm gonna be pickin up the UX2 here pretty soon for bass/vox recording. I've got all the model packs on my PODxt...If you want high-gain you're best off using the metal-shop pack. My favorite combination on there is the triple rectifier model along with the vintage-30 loaded cab and an on-axis SM57. Get some pretty crunchy tones outta that.
                This reminds me I should have been more clear: It's the DUAL recto tone that comes with the Toneport that sounds overly bassy... the Triple Recto tone that you get with the metal shop looses some of that bass and brings in some of that characteristic hi-end fizzle I hear on Mesa stuff.

You'll be very happy with the toneport, I garuntee it.

Comment

toneport or guitarport...it`s all about recording teqnic....i can make most guitar software soun ok when useing it right
                  sigpic

Comment

I was about to pull the trigger on a UX-2 until I noticed the minimum RAM requirement was 512MB, 1024MB Recommended. My computer runs 256mb of Rambus RAM. (Rambus is stupid expensive. Over $200 to upgrade to 512mb)
                    You, like the rest of the world probably have DDR RAM. Just make sure you have enough.
                    BTW, IMO better to spend the extra $50 and get the UX-2.
                    http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

I run a UX2 with Toneport on a laptop with only 512 Megs of Ram and it runs fine.

Comment

thanks for the input fellas!
                        On Munky of Korn:

Comment

Go for it
                          Originally posted by Guitarist
                          Honestly, I like Scott's words. "There is a rhythm to life. Ride the waves."

And keep in mind that while nothing lasts forever, nothing is lost.
                          http://soundcloud.com/adrian-czarnecki/tracks

Comment

Working...
                          X