banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

know anything about the Valvetronix VTH100?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• know anything about the Valvetronix VTH100?

Looks good and the price is right...how's the tone? Isn't it just a slightly scaled-down VTH120? My friend wants one for band practice and shows and eventually recording...think it'll do that?

thanks dudes

-X
    green globe burned black by sunn

Re: know anything about the Valvetronix VTH100?

I'm not positive, but I think they stripped away some of the features that the AD60 and AD120 have. I just wish they'd put those two amps in the same headbox as the new 100. I like the look of the new headbox, but I think the 60 and 120 are better. Not sure though. Out of all the Valvetronix amps, I still like the 60 and 120 heads the most.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I don't see why not. According to Vox USA, in an email they sent to me, the only difference between the silver grill amps and the blue grill is speaker and cabinet quality, besides the obvious less models, effects and storage. I'd get the head for the $399 or less (used) and then get a really good 2X12 or 4X12 to go with it if he can afford to.
      My songs....enjoy! (hopefully )

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=652921
      or for older stuff too, but slower downloads
      http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=301569&T=7414

Originally posted by DankStar
      700 watts is ok for small clubs, but when you play with a loud drummer or at a medium-large sized venue, you really need 1,500-watts at least. no one should be left alive.

Comment

The circuitry is different between the silver Valvetronix and the Blue VTH/VTX.
        If you go to the Vox site and read about the two you will see. The VTH/VTX sounds better to my ears.
        Pulse 2AM - YouTube
        Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Working...
        X