Ei Elites vs. Elite Golds EL 84

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ei Elites vs. Elite Golds EL 84

What, if any, tonal difference is there between the regular Elite and the golds? I'm on a tube buying binge and was thinking of picking up a pair to a/b with my Elites. May even get a pair of JJ's too. The TAD STR's that I got sounded kind of sterol compared to the Ei's and I sent them back to the Tube Store.
    Last edited by JumpMarine; 05-21-2006, 12:27 AM.
    '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Re: Ei Elites vs. Elite Golds EL 84

Don't waste your money. IMO, they're both the same exact tube. I actually have a set of regular EI's and EI Gold Elites. There's nothing making one better than the other, besides the gold pins.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Re: Ei Elites vs. Elite Golds EL 84

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
      Don't waste your money. IMO, they're both the same exact tube. I actually have a set of regular EI's and EI Gold Elites. There's nothing making one better than the other, besides the gold pins.
      '

Thanks Joe, that's what I suspected. The Elites really do sound good in my 18 watter, but I'm always on the prowl for better.
      '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

Working...
      X