No announcement yet.

Can someone please help me with my cab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone please help me with my cab?

Ok guys, I'm getting very confused by this! As soem of you know I recently got a JCM800 1960B lead cabinet and a AVT150h head...

On the back (I'll post a pic when I'm on my other computer) it has one input and it says it is "8 ohms", now the 8 and the ohms symbol is on a little black sticker. now htis cab has had some conflicting features since the start so I'm starting to wonder.
    I was recently on Ebay becaus I was curious about the back and I found a cab similiar to mine (but red) and it had the single input and the same sort of info plate on the back and.... IT DID NOT HAVE LITTLE BLACK STICKER but had "16" "etched" in liek the rest of the lettering was, can someone please tell me what this could mean? Heres why,,

My amp has a 8ohm and 8/4 ohm speaker outputs on it. Now At first I used the 8ohm but now I use the 8/4 ohm because on the 8ohm it seems more harsh and buzzy sounding and I looked online at the manual and it said the 8 was for a single 8 ohm cab and the 8/4 for a second 8ohm or a 4 ohm, can someone help me out here please?? I'm very confused (come to think of it the 8 sounded more buzzy at a lower volume, i didnt really try it higher.) bu t soemone please help!!
    TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Re: Can someone please help me with my cab?

Probably because the amp's 8/4 4 ohm output runs the amp as loud and clean as possible, and the 8 ohm cabinet is putting an extra 4 ohms of resistance against it. If you use 8 amp and 8 cab, the amp is running the way it should, and unfortunately, the rig reveals the buzziness of the amp's general tone. When you do it the other way, the cab is choking back some of the buzzy characteristics of the amp. Either way, I don't think you'll ruin the amp. Maybe you could put the head up for sale, add some money, and buy another one. The cab is a good one. The amp is alright, but there's better SS amps out there like a Valvetronix, Flextone, HD147, B-52, or Mode 4.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I plan on oepening it up to further reveal this. Also I do plan on getting an all tube head in the next couple months, thankks for your reply!
      TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Check what Ohms is stamped on the speaker frame, then check out the way it is wired. This way you can be 100% shure what the correct impedance is.
        Did you open that cab yet?

The sticker could mean that the speakers have been changed by the previous owner...

Comment

Working...
        X