Stilletto Ace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stilletto Ace

Any one wanna chime in on those one? can anyone recommend me some amps? i need an amp with primarily a great clean tone and an ok drive tone, and a effcets loop is a must,

Ty
    Guitars:
    G&L Legacy Special
    Amps:
    Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
    Effects:
    Keeley Compressor, FulltoneFulldrive II, TC Electronics Nova Delay

Re: Stilletto Ace

Stilettos are all about the old school drive, NOT about cleans

If you want a good Mesa clean with some good grind look at the LoneStar, Road King, Mark IIB, IIc+, and IV.

You could also consider the Blue Angel and Heartbreaker, and possibly the F-50, F100 (though the clean tones are just ok).

Are you considering other brands?

Fender has the new SuperSonic which fits the bill. The Bogner Shiva is PERFECT for what you described as well. In a lower price range consider the Peavey Classics and JSX, as well as the Fender Super Reverb and Deluxe.
    1973 Les Paul Standard
    1973 Marshall Super Lead 100

Comment

Originally posted by GandLMan
      Any one wanna chime in on those one? can anyone recommend me some amps? i need an amp with primarily a great clean tone and an ok drive tone, and a effcets loop is a must,

Ty
      When I first heard the Stillettto I said on this forum it needed a little more gain. According to Boogie this is just what they have added. I have not heard this amp eather but I would like to as well. I wouldnt be interested in useing it as a duel purpose- distortion/clean amp as I would use 2 different amps for this and a/b box between them. So for me I just want a rippin distortion tone with the clip of el34's but the gain of 6l6's. Joneser said something about a Soldano Avenger for around 1500.00? I may try to hear that next as I cant justify paying 3500 to 4500 for a bogner or Diezel when all I want it for is its distortion. They are great amps though. If money was no object I would already have one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by philthis
        When I first heard the Stillettto I said on this forum it needed a little more gain.
        The Stiletto head I played couldn't have had more gain without turning to complete mush. I heard more gain than an Arch Enemy CD. Are we talking about the same head?

Comment

wich version of stilleto did you hear? the newer version or the origanal version?

Comment

I played a Stiletto Deuce head through a 412 last year shortly after they started shipping. I honestly had no complaints about this amp. The gain was tight and full bodied, no fizzies. I could own this amp.
            Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins

Comment

Working...
            X