Received my analogman 741 mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received my analogman 741 mod

I have read a lot about Analog Mike and the mods that he has done for a number of folks. I being a early Malmsteen tone lover along with Richie Blackmore and numerous other strat/metal players ordered a YJM308 with the 741 chip mojo mod. I got it today and plugged in and holy crap, this pedal rocks!! It is without a doubt the best pedal I have ever owned (and I have owned some pretty cool sound pedals 1983 ts-9, an early 80's boss sd-1, couple of keeley mods). This pedal gives my strat a very deep throaty tone that is not harsh or brittle. You can hear every single note of a run or chord (and so can the neighbors). On solos the tone is very transparent, on chords it allows the chord to be a power chord, BUT you can still hear every note in the chord and the chords have that "krang" that I love to hear out of a overdriven strat.

This pedal was modded to the exact specs of the Grey DOD 250 pre amp, which I never have owned as they are going for as much as $400 on ebay (the modded pedal was $112). I owned another YJM308 that is going to make the trip to Analog Mike for the same mod along with an older yellow one that doesn't have the 741 chip. If any of you guys like Yngwie's early tone, this pedal nails it dead on. So far I have no regrets and am saving to send my other 2 pedals out for the same mod.

Re: Received my analogman 741 mod

Cool, glad you dig it!

I used to have 2 of those old grey DOD units and sold them both real cheep a lot of years ago

Mike is a hell of a guy and I have always liked his pedal mods...now if I could just get my KOT I'd be pretty damn happy!
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Working...
    X