banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fulltone Pedals and Mike Fuller's Collection!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fulltone Pedals and Mike Fuller's Collection!

At the time that Fulltone went into business, I lived in Santa Monica, a few blocks from their original West LA/Venice Bch location, and bought some of his first pedals, like an orange FDII and white Dejavibe. I also met him a couple times, and had some mods done in his shop. I've bought, sold, and traded Fulltones because I'm a fan of Mike Fuller's company. Today, I just recieved my latest in a list that includes

Orange FDII
    Blue FDII
    white Dejavibe
    gold Dejavibe
    Cyde Deluxe Wah
    Choralflange
    Supa-Trem
    69 Pedal
    and my next one will be an OCD, which I've tried but not owned.

My 1/05 Custom Shop cream FDII. Woohoo....can't wait to get to the rehearsal studio and crank this up with the Chieftain!

And now, BEHOLD Mike Fuller's gear collection. This is what he spends his money on, with the income he gets from owning a pedal company! Nice!
    Here are a few of the toys I've owned (and parted with) over the years. None of these items are for sale... please don't ask. Click on the photo to view as a gallery. Click on the title for more info or addt'l photos.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Re: Fulltone Pedals and Mike Fuller's Collection!

OMG stop it!

GAS attack...

What's so great about fulltone pedals?

Comment

Originally posted by Nightburst
      What's so great about fulltone pedals?
      The tone. And, in years to come, they'll always be viewed as the primary company that started the boutique pedal craze....making them highly collectible.
      The Fulldrive I and orange FDII are already climbing in price.

What I respect about Fuller is that he has the same mentality and philosophy that Seymour has, in that he'll go to any length to make sure his product exceeds the customer's expectation, even if it means he has to manufacture a part, and even pay more for materials that most wouldn't even notice. Here's another link....why Fulltone?
      Here are a few of the toys I've owned (and parted with) over the years. None of these items are for sale... please don't ask. Click on the photo to view as a gallery. Click on the title for more info or addt'l photos.
      Last edited by Gearjoneser; 05-22-2006, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Can an FDII into a Fender give a quasi Marshall type sound?

And what is the difference in sound between the FDII and the OCD (when used as a boost)?

I've been looking at both, but am still looking for more opinions.
        || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Is the MOSFET all that it's cracked up to be? I'm seriously considering this pedal.

Comment

I have the same question as screamingdaisy: What're the differences between the OCD and the FDII?

Comment

A Fulldrive II has more of a Tubescreamer vibe, and is probably most ideal for a single coil into a Fender amp. It's definitely fatter sounding than most Tubescreamers.

The OCD is more like a linear boost that reminds me of the preamp on a Marshall, and it does really well with humbuckers.

Comment

Originally posted by screamingdaisy
                Can an FDII into a Fender give a quasi Marshall type sound?

And what is the difference in sound between the FDII and the OCD (when used as a boost)?

I've been looking at both, but am still looking for more opinions.
                I've only played a Fulldrive once and don't recall the distinct sound very well but I own an OCD and it's a very Brisitsh, very Marshally sounding pedal. Awesome pedal... it fits my needs and tastes perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightburst
                  Is the MOSFET all that it's cracked up to be? I'm seriously considering this pedal.
                  ]

yes, I have one.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

The FD2 is definitely a TS808/ TS9 vibe
                    also, the FD2 has 3 gorgeous modes, comp cut adds a lot of clean boost type vibe and harmonics, flat mids is a nice od but very transparent, and vintage is thick.

the tone control is like a presence.

Moreover, the boost on the FD2 lets single coils like the bridge on a strat sing with some HB vibe. It has an an additional knob to set the volume.

The OCD can do some TS9 type thickness, but it is a Marshall in a box more than any other pedal I have ever heard. It is very responsive, goes thru FX units well, and is volume sensitive. It also has 2 modes.

Most notable thing with the OCD, as Mike Fuller states, it sounds different thru every amp. YOU HAVE TO PLUG IT INTO YOUR RIG to know how it will sound.

Mine worked quite well with my 73 Marshall, 6100, Mesa Heartbreaker, Mark IIB. Sucks with the Framus Dragon. Then again the Framus has beastly, yet smooth, Marshall mojo with no pedals needed.
                    1973 Les Paul Standard
                    1973 Marshall Super Lead 100

Comment

Does he own anything past 1965?
                      1973 Les Paul Standard
                      1973 Marshall Super Lead 100

Comment

Originally posted by OlinMusic
                        Does he own anything past 1965?
                        I remember Mike Fuller saying that he's hated everything made past the early 70's, with the exception of Dr. Z amps. Besides his vintage amps, his favorite is the Dr. Z Rt. 66........probably because his favorite tube is the Genelex KT-66.

Comment

I just bought a Fulltone wah off a guy on HC last Thursday. I should have it tomorrow and I will promptly put it through the paces!!
                          I get weak in the knees at the sight of a vintage Fender amp!

Comment

The more I read about Mike the better I liek him!

I also love his pedals...I need to grab a few real soon but I use less and less pedals these days so I putoff buying them right now...
                            If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

How is the Fulltone '69 Fuzz? After I get my tube amp and cab, I want to get a good fuzz pedal for Jimi-style tones, ranging from tiny amounts of fuzz to Foxey Lady/Purple Haze insane fuzz sound.
                              The G.B. Kirch Band on Facebook!
                              And Here on Bandcamp!
                              Crankin' a Gibson Les Paul and a Fender Strat into a Crate V32, in an attempt to deafen those who don't enjoy good ol' fashioned blues and rock n' roll

Comment

Working...
                              X