Questions about the SFX3...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about the SFX3...

Mostly curiosity, as I'm starting to really get into tubes and effects. But what kind of tube pedal is it? Starved plate? Full tube current/voltage straight? I'm not asking for schematics, just on how you guys chose this system, and why if possible (I'm a marketing and ops management student, I gotta learn the ways to minimize cost and maximize tone ) Thanks if you can tell me!

Re: Questions about the SFX3...

Originally posted by Pierre
    Mostly curiosity, as I'm starting to really get into tubes and effects. But what kind of tube pedal is it? Starved plate? Full tube current/voltage straight? I'm not asking for schematics, just on how you guys chose this system, and why if possible (I'm a marketing and ops management student, I gotta learn the ways to minimize cost and maximize tone ) Thanks if you can tell me!
    The SFX-03 uses two subminiature 6021 triodes and it runs them at high plate voltage--no starved plate mode here! We chose the tubes for their tone first and foremost but also because they're durable and compact.
    You can read all about it here:
    Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.
    Matt Blackett
    Associate Editor
    Guitar Player Magazine

Comment

Thanks a lot! I'm still very surprised and in a way amazed at how you managed to put all this into such a small box (as it seems on pics) and I can't wait to try one out

Comment

I like the sample clips.
        Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
        https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
        Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Working...
        X