Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: blackface

OH, so in terms of headspace.
    can i have my amp at a volume with a nice overdrive, and just roll my volume on my guitar back for a clean, then when i want the overdriven boost, i just roll my vol. up?. is that the general idea.
    i've got a few in mind, the blackface reissues, the ones u mentioned. other one is i try to find an original fender (may take ages), the bassman.
    Fender MIA '97 Std Telecaster /w Antiquities
    Epiphone MIK Les Paul /w SD Jazz + JB

Comment

oh and the vibrolux?.

Comment

The BF Fenders are not known for distortion but they will get a nice overdrive tone if you get the right one, and you have the right idea for cranking the amp then using your guitar volume to control the tone.

As for the "original Bassman" are you talking about a BF Bassman, Blond, Tweed?
        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by jdm61
          And lest we forget, the early silverface amps still had the blackface circuit.

ONLY the 1968's
          If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

i mean the bassman tweed. the newer one?

Comment

Working...
            X