Splawn Quick Rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splawn Quick Rod

One of my friends in interested in buying my head so I think I'm going to splurge and get a Quick Rod. For anyone who has a Quick Rod already, how do you like it? And if you could also let me know how long your build time was I'd appreciate it.

Re: Splawn Quick Rod

Don't know about the Quick Rod, but I've owned a Pro Mod for over a year now (early one without fancy EQs and mode switches) and the thing still gives me freakin goosebumps at practice and shows.
    -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Originally posted by sosomething
      Don't know about the Quick Rod, but I've owned a Pro Mod for over a year now (early one without fancy EQs and mode switches) and the thing still gives me freakin goosebumps at practice and shows.
      Now that is what I like to hear!!!

Comment

Proud Quick Rod Owner. LOVE IT!
        Took a month to build, but I think the wait is longer right now ...

Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey
          I'll check up on the wait time before I order one. I've got to sell my amp to my buddy first. I'm pretty sure he'll buy it, but I'd hate to not have a head for two months. I have my Subway Rocket here which would be fine in the mean time.

Comment

i think Splawns will sound great eventhough i have never heard them before.

not to rain on your parade but i am a sole beliver in hearing an amp before buying it. what sounds awesome for one person isnt the best for someone else.

it is all a matter of opinion.
            Ibanez Roadstar II
            EBMM AXIS HoneyBurst
            VHT 50/12 Pitbull

Jack Nicholson: It's not true. Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good.

Comment

there are a couple of videos on youtube

search for TwilightOdyssey and Shreder75

Comment

Originally posted by Davey
                there are a couple of videos on youtube

search for TwilightOdyssey and Shreder75
                I saw TO and shreder75's videos, as well as about every other clip on the net, and I can't wait to order this amp.

Comment

Check the dealers on Splawn's website, some may have stock. That's how I got mine quick.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey

I think I'm going to cry now. I want this amp......

Comment

OK OK CLIPS ASIDE

HOW DO SPLAWNS COMPARE TO MARSHALLS, BOGNERS, etc etc?

Everyone makes a great Marshall wannabe, but the only one that really blows my mind is the Bogner stuff. They all sound great, but i mean MINDBLOWING. I would say Orange, but Orange is no wannabe per se.
                      1973 Les Paul Standard
                      1973 Marshall Super Lead 100

Comment

Olin, comparing to a great modded Marshall, I've played a few not many, but the ones I've tried were good ones (Frank Levi) etc, I'd say the Splawn does just as well but over a wider range of gain. Like when you go from AC/DC-Thin Lizzy to Lynch and on up it excels all the way thru. It gets about 90+% of a real good plexi, but a really great plexi cranked to the moon just has that presence and bite that can't be equaled. It's easily right there with the best 800 for that gain range. Forget about the clean channel as it shares the gain control so at even volumes it's farty and breaks up, too bad cuz the tone is sweet. Much better to just roll off the volume with a good pup.

I've NEVER heard a 100w EL34 head sound as good at bedroom volume without attenuation. When you nudge her past the wake up point she gets Godly. At live volume it's laughable, seriously it makes me giggle like a school girl.

However if money weren't an issue I'd probably take the Bogner, based on the great clean channel and EXTREME versatility.....and I've never played one. I would be surprised if the Bogner was better at the Marshall thing but GJ will probably say it's right there.

Hope this helps......so when are you gonna get your Bogner?

Comment

I already have the Bogner Shiva EL34

I had my friend play all my rigs for me the other day exc for the 73 Marshall. I can honestly say the Bogner Shiva nails the Marshall tone all the way to pretty high gain JCM800. Doesn't get into the chunk chunk range so much.

I have played the Ecstasy Classic - and that amp does EVERY sound, BUT it's clean is more of a nice sparkly clean with great headroom and boost options. The Shiva has that ungodly clean that works for Jazz all the way thru R&B and country. It's as good as some of the vintage Fenders I have played - yeah, I said it!

I think the 6100 does a great clean - ask Johnny A - and has a gorgeous Ch 2. Ch3 is only good for single notes IMHO, kinda Mesa-ish. However, nothing sits in the mix better than a Bogner. Marshalls are nasty, but the Bogner is a bit sweeter and right where it needs to be.

I imagine the Splawn to be very rude and nasty and hige like my 73, but I have yet to hear it in person.
                          1973 Les Paul Standard
                          1973 Marshall Super Lead 100

Comment

Originally posted by OlinMusic
                            OK OK CLIPS ASIDE

HOW DO SPLAWNS COMPARE TO MARSHALLS, BOGNERS, etc etc?

Everyone makes a great Marshall wannabe, but the only one that really blows my mind is the Bogner stuff. They all sound great, but i mean MINDBLOWING. I would say Orange, but Orange is no wannabe per se.

I'll be glad to let you play through my Splawn Competition when I get it in a few more weeks. It's got the 3 gears like the QR but it's only 50 watts and no clean channel. (I don't need no stinkin' clean channel )
                            Seymour Duncans I've owned: Dimebucker, '59n, '59b, PG+n, JB, Phat Cat, PGn, Custom, Seth Lover, '78.

Comment

Originally posted by lpmarshall
                              One of my friends in interested in buying my head so I think I'm going to splurge and get a Quick Rod. For anyone who has a Quick Rod already, how do you like it? And if you could also let me know how long your build time was I'd appreciate it.
                              The current wait time is about 8 weeks. I chose to buy new because you get the lifetime warranty.
                              Seymour Duncans I've owned: Dimebucker, '59n, '59b, PG+n, JB, Phat Cat, PGn, Custom, Seth Lover, '78.

Comment

Working...
                              X