banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first ever band practise as a guitarist! Thoughts and reviews...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My first ever band practise as a guitarist! Thoughts and reviews...

well...

i thought my guitar was heavy..

then i played a feline guitars all maple gunslinger... and when i thought that guitar was heavy, i played a 70's (was it a 70's?) les paul, now THAT was an anchor!

soo.. start working out dude.. or get a REALY heavy guitar and then your will be a feather

Comment

Try backing off your gain, it'll do wonders in relieving mush and feeding back. Generally speaking, you don't need as much gain as you think you do.

Get a wider strap. It'll distribute the load of the guitar over a wider space on your shoulder and back.

Good luck!
      *Recipient of the 2006 Time Magazine "Man Of The Year" Award*
      Originally posted by Slash2987
      Oh c'mon man, quit being such a liberal and actually accept someone disagrees with you.
      Originally posted by PVFan
      I'm a good sex man.
      Originally posted by Grumpy
      I am just jug the merlot.

Comment

That's great advice actually! I tried that yesterday and yeah, putting less gain diminished feedback very quickly. Still no bass though. I don't think there's much to do with that though...
        I'll try to find a bigger strap... The one I have is actually fairly thin now that I think of it.

Comment

Originally posted by suislidE03
          I guess the US is still one of the only countries dominated by personally owned vehicles.
          This was my thought when he started talking about "carrying" stuff... It's easy to assume that everyone has a POV in all parts of the world, but that isn't so... I was stationed in Germany for 3 years, and public transportaion is THE thing over there.... I'm not sure of his transit, but I had SEVERAL layovers.... Imagine trying to get your guitar, your gig bag, your speaker cab, AND your Amp head off the train in about 60 seconds... then to the next train, and possibly into a cab..... Slightly off topic, but once you get used to the public transportaion, it's REALLY easier than all the maintenance involved in owning/operating a vehicle
          ~ Life In Every Breath~

www.gordonsgroovyguitars.com

Comment

We also like to walk to places at times
            But given our price of fuel, even though our cars drink twice less than American cars (go figure since you guys have to use it way more :s), it'd be suicide to take the car to band practice. We just walk there with our stuff. So even when I get a head, it'll be hell carrying it over there I think.

Comment

Working...
            X