Speaker recommendation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaker recommendation?

What would work well in a 4x12 for mostly distorted, Young Widowsy type sounds? I'm assuming I'll have to brace the **** out of the cab.

Re: Speaker recommendation?

I'd try a carvin, just cause they are reasonably priced and should do the job real well till you find your ultimate (maybe vintage?) speaker.
    "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Re: Speaker recommendation?

I looked into this a bit a couple years back and decided against it, but I've still got this Avatar cab I can't seem to give away. I've been reading around for a bit and it looks like everyone is all like "don't waste your time, blah-blah-blah". I don't see why it has to be sooo terrible, although I don't really like the cab for guitar, hence why it's empty, so maybe it would suck balls.

It wouldn't be used for a normal bass tone, a more midrangey and distorted, maybe Lemmy-ish tone is what we'd be going for with it, mixing with a more modern 2x15. It would be used with an 800RB, maybe using the hi output only and the low to the 2x15? What about making it into a 2x15 or maybe a 1x15 and stuffing something else and a tweeter in it?

What should I be looking for here? Am I just outta my ****ing mind?

Whatever I do, $$$ to sound ratio is of high importance.
      Last edited by King IzzO))); 06-05-2013, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X