X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnny the Kid
    replied
    Re: Hello. I need a bass amp.

Fender Rumble 350 head with a 4x10 cab or two. I love my Rumble 75.

Leave a comment:

• James Rock
    replied

If mainly playing live you don't really need a super high output bass rig (over 500 watt) unless you need the bass rig sound (don't like the Bass DIed through the PA). If the PA is not powerful enough for DI'ed bass it will struggle keeping vocals in check over a loud Bass amp (same goes is your guitarists are cranking those 100 watt amps). As a sound guy I always have to tell the bass player to turn down because even if it seems quiet when they are standing next to the amp as bass wavelengths are so long it travels to the back of the venue better then vocals and unmiked drums. If you are playing big venues and want a rock bass amp sound that is a different story then 8x10 Acabs are totally fine but for small venues I'd go something portable (2x10 or 1x15), light and in about the 400-500 watt range with a DI out (if you need some of the preamp sound) and an extra speaker out (the Acoustic b450 suggested above is right in that alley). What kind of metal do you play?

Leave a comment:

• guitfiddle
    replied

I'd go with an Acoustic B450 2x10 combo for now. 450 watts, DI out to run to the PA, and an extra speaker output for a future 1x15 cab that bumps the power up to 600 watts. Very affordable for the features you get.

Leave a comment:

• jtougas
    replied

Also, a good used SWR rig would serve you well - a Workingman head on top of two 4x10 cabs will work well.

Also, check out the Mark Bass stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Funkfingers
    Guest replied

Firstly, multiply the wattage of the guitar amp by at least three.

Secondly, "stage presence" will demand that your amp be physically large. A Phil Jones Bass combo is gonna look like the Stonehenge scene from This Is Spīnal Tap.

Acoustic and Ampeg come to mind. A big ol' Peavey might do. I like tc electronic. An RH450/RS410 would suffice. The RH750 on two cabs would be better. Their 1600w Blacksmith head on a full range loudspeaker array would be - literally - stunning.
    Last edited by Guest; 07-11-2013, 11:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew Lamprecht
    started a topic Hello. I need a bass amp.

Hello. I need a bass amp.

What would you guys recommend is the best budget amp for gigging in a metal band. For what its worth, the other two amps in the band will be a 100 watt Mesa Mk II and a 100 watt Peavey Valveking. I know absolutely nothing about bass amps.
Working...
X