Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using the Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II

Just looking for some outside thoughts.

I tried the GK backline 350 and loved it right away, now I'm looking for a louder, more versatile higher quality version of that. Looking for a bright, but growly and punchy tone. Something where you can hear the strings pretty well when you dig in with your fingers, and gig with it pretty much anywhere. I found the thing for $380 on craigslist and thinking about checking it out.

So anyone have any good or bad experiences with it?

Re: Anyone using the Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II

i know a guy who has been using one for a long time. loves it

Comment

What speaker cabinet(s) are you planning on using with it?

I had the little brother, the 700rb-ii for a while, and even with just a 1x12 (Aguilar GS112), that amp was LOUD. Most of my gigs at that point (was in a five piece blues band), I would rarely have that amp up past 9 o'clock, and that was with the -12dB pad.

Tonewise, it was great. Bunch of clarity and that GK aggressive sound. If that's what you're going for, either the 700 or 1001 would be a fine choice.
      I write Articles for Seymour Duncan
      I write Articles for Bass Musician Magazine

Comment

I had one for a few years. I only sold it because I needed the money, and I play guitar way more these days. It was an excellent amp that I loved intensely. I played it through a Bergantino HT212, and it sounded phenomenal. I now run a 400RB-III, and it's loud enough for anything I do. GK amps are my favorite for bass.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
        ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
        Originally posted by Securb
        The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

Nice, thanks guys. I don't know what I have in the cab yet because I don't own it yet but my buddy is giving it to me because he isn't using it. I'll see what's in it next time I get the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by trevorus View Post
            GK amps are my favorite for bass.
            +1 Do it!

Comment

I used one for gigging and recording for years and years with both passive and active basses (P-Bass, Music Man, Warmoth, etc.) Great amp. I miss the hell out of it and if I ever find one here in Greece I will not hesitate to buy it! Get it, you won't regret it!
              Soundcloud

Comment

Sick found one to get and scored a 410 GK cab off my old guitar teacher for $150. So I get the whole thing for under $600. Sweet. Once again thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
                X