Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convert Basslines stc-3a to stc-3p

Hi lads and girls,

I'm having some thoughts about my Basslines stc-3a preamps those days. I want to set up new pickups on my bass but where I had active pickups before, I'd like to put passive ones and to keep my stc-3a in place.

I read the installation guide (http://www.seymourduncan.com/images/...501060-105.pdf) and that quote kept my attention:
    The main difference between the P-models and the A-models is the value of the blend control. The P-models use a 250k blend, and the A-models use a 100k blend.
    Does that mean what I expect ? If I change the blend control for a 250k, I will have a stc-3p instead of a stc-a, doesn't it ? Is it really the only difference ? It would be great if it was !

Is there any other changes to do to make my stc-3a compliant to my new set of pickups ?

Regards.

Re: Convert Basslines stc-3a to stc-3p

Hi, welcome to the Forum!

I'll see if someone who knows more than I do can help answer your question.
    sigpic
    "Add about a half-a-teacup o' bass...."
    --'King' Curtis Ousley

Visit me on Facebook
    Originally posted by Lewguitar
    In our heart of hearts we're love. That's who we really are.

Comment

Welcome to the SDUGF, elpoulpo.

Originally posted by elpoulpo View Post
      If I change the blend control for a 250k, I will have a stc-3p instead of a stc-a, doesn't it ? Is it really the only difference ? It would be great if it was !
      Yes, that's correct. When you change out the active pickups to passives, just change the blend (pan) control pot from 100K to 250K and you will have converted your STC-3a to an STC-3p. Best of luck!
      Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
      Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Thank you for the confirmation Evan Skopp.

Now, let's go for a bit more of soldering !

Regards.

Comment

Working...
        X