Free Or Resting Stroke?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Or Resting Stroke?

I myself use almost exclusively resting stroke, but I know that there are differing situations where someone might use on, but for another part switch to the other. Plus, there's the whole "different strokes for different folks " thing.
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Re: Free Or Resting Stroke?

So I take it that everyone here uses a pick?
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

I generally rest stroke when playing fingerstyle... really just depends on what the tune is.
      TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Totally depends on the song and style. And I really like to use a pick but don't always use one.

Comment

I had to think about this. These days I mostly play with a pick, which requires left hand muting. But I’ve been doing that for almost 50 years. I guess when I play finger style it’s rest strokes. But I tend to only pluck the tops of the strings. That’s why ramps never made any sense to me. My fingers don’t extend down that far to touch the ramp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

All this travelling up and down really doesnt make sense in a rock or metal context imho

...is there a name for "bounceback" stroke?
            "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

" Wanking "
              sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
              - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

Working...
              X