Shreddy basslines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shreddy basslines?

Please recommend some fast and complex bassline songs.

Thx.
    "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Re: Shreddy basslines?

You're gonna have to be more specific than that.
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Songs, with complex fast basslines. That do NOT involve noodling circles around the root note of 2 chords from the chorus,

Comment

Rush - YYZ and Dream Theater - Dance of Eternity have some interesting parts in them.

Comment

Tempus Fugit from Yes is great.
          The ConstruKction of Light by King Crimson
          Water on the Brain, Pt 2 by Allan Holdsworth
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Megadeth - Holy Wars
            Originally posted by crusty philtrum
            And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Much of what Billy Sheehan did with Richie Kotzen is more than the average bass goodness.

And pretty much any Dream Theater track.

Comment

The first that comes to mind for me is:

The Who "The Real Me"
                The bass part is fantastic !
                Smartphone Zombies won't shred

Comment

Was gonna post "kareem's footprint" but it might cause you to quit playing so here are some high school kids.

Last edited by Howlermonkey; 11-13-2018, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Muse - Hysteria

Great, fun, fast bassline.
                    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by Howlermonkey View Post
                      Was gonna post "kareem's footprint" but it might cause you to quit playing so here are some high school kids.

Is that a girl or an extremely convincing jrock trap?

Anyway, regardless of gender, the guitarist has the intimidating fretboard acrobatics... all the bassist has to intimidate with is sheer string count (largely unused, get a 4 string and tune to BEAD dude)

Comment

He switches to 4 string in later songs.

The girl is Hal-Ca and she's 15.

This is her with Yoshiro and Saki from "mary's blood" on either side with Tomo-Zo of "gacharic spin" in the white.

I guess it's time to lay "kareem's footprint" on this thread considering the thread title.

Comment

Originally posted by Howlermonkey View Post
                          He switches to 4 string in later songs.

The girl is Hal-Ca and she's 15.

This is her with Yoshiro and Saki from "mary's blood" on either side with Tomo-Zo of "gacharic spin" in the white.

I guess it's time to lay "kareem's footprint" on this thread considering the thread title.

There's hope yet for millenials.... just not on this side of the planet. Lol.

Although when it comes to music stuff, there's always something awesomER hiding somewhere in Japan.

Especially with bass. They like their wicked basslines over there. So much so that it's hard to keep track of who to pay attention to....

Hmmm.... Japanese bands with involved bass? MUCC had some pretty complex stuff, who else?

Comment

Check out the cd by Billy Sheehan named Holy Cow! Entire cd kicks ass. The entire thing has the bass in the forefront because Billy is a bass playing master and can shred his ass off.

BILLY SHEEHAN - In A Week Or Two (I'll Give It Back To You) - Holy Cow 2008No Copyright IntendedEl bajista Billy Sheehan (Niacina, Mr.Big) prepara el lanza...

Last edited by Mikesr1963; 11-14-2018, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Here's Steve Vai and Billy Sheehan in I'm the hell out of here.

Comment

Working...
                              X