Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head/DI + cab question

What are some options for running either:

A DI, into some sort of "power" unit and then into a cab on stage and direct to board.

OR

What is a nice compact decent head, to add to a cab? Hartke 4x10 aluminum, or York 4x10 paper

Really trying to keep it all very Zen. Just want Bass > Comp > EQ > DI and out with sound.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Re: Head/DI + cab question

There are a bunch of class D micro heads on the market now that you can use for power or for DI and power. TC's is the cheapest I've seen new, but the Ampeg mini SVT has that vintage look. I've also just run through my DI and then one out to a board and one out to a Mackie Thump as a monitor.

Comment

Wow - tons of options. What I'm really looking to do though is run out of my Ampeg DI, into a cab on stage. A real bass cab, not a powered monitor.

All of those are amps. I'd want one with an effects return to go straight in. Also would maybe like 350 watts or so.
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

If you can live with 300 watts, this has a loop. There is also a more powerful version.
        Get the guaranteed best price on Solid State Bass Amplifier Heads like the Acoustic B300HD 300W Bass Amp Head at Musician's Friend. Get a low price and free shipping on thousands of items.

The Ampeg Micro VR is only 200 watts, but it's Ampeg.
        Get the guaranteed best price on Solid State Bass Amplifier Heads like the Ampeg Micro-VR 200W Bass Amp Head at Musician's Friend. Get a low price and free shipping on thousands of items.

Less "cute" but more powerful and Ampeg
        Get the guaranteed best price on Solid State Bass Amplifier Heads like the Ampeg PF-350 Portaflex 350W Bass Amp Head at Musician's Friend. Get a low price and free shipping on thousands of items.

Hell, even Peavey has one with w/ a loop
        Get the guaranteed best price on Tube Bass Amplifier Heads like the Peavey MiniMAX 500W Bass Amp Head at Musician's Friend. Get a low price and free shipping on thousands of items.

Comment

Working...
        X