• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite bass tone

Comment

End of thread.

“For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Jamerson, Dunn, and Kaye about covers it for me.
        Originally posted by LesStrat
        Yogi Berra was correct.
        Originally posted by JOLLY
        I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

laff if you wanto
          but the tone is there

EHD
          Just here surfing Guitar Pron
          RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
          SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
          Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
          Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
          Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
          Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
          GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
            End of thread.

This right here. I never really paid attention to bass tone until I heard this at age 12. Digging into a lot of Yes, I think while this is the most obvious (outside of Roundabout), their catalog has a ton of very excellent bass tones.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Comment

Don't laugh.....

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DavidRavenMoon View Post
                      This is one of my favorite bass players and bands. P-bass with Rotosounds through some kind of Yamaha amp, apparently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Ray Shulman always sounded great. Quintessential P-bass tone. He was a heck of a guitarist and violinist too.
                      I love that everybody in the band played three or more instruments.
                      "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

This is the first bass line that wowed me

EHD
                        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Jaco and Joni. Amelia. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcTDoi9JQiY

Jaco and Weather Reort. Heavy Weather https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo
                          Last edited by Lewguitar; 06-21-2020, 10:45 AM.
                          “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

Anything from Jamiroquai.

Comment

Eberhard Weber gets some awesome! Electric upright tone here.

Sorry, I've now posted two tracks... one electric bass, one electric upright .
                              Last edited by Erlend_G; 06-24-2020, 08:06 AM. Reason: video aint working
                              If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

One of my favorite live bass tones was a J-bass through a GK 1001-RB. A player known as Matt Hernandez laid down some thick bass lines on some muggy nights in small clubs across the U.S. back in the day. His tone is legendary to me and it always will be. I bought a GK 1001-RB because of his tone. I love playing a swamp ash J-bass through it all day...

I do love a lot of the old reggae bass tones, a lot of swamp ash bodies used in the old days.

I love Paul Simonon's P-bass tone, that is up there for me. The Clash have some great music.

Jaco, of course, but for many different reasons than just his tone... his technique was incredible.

I love a lot of the Music Man tones I hear across a wide range of music. Their 3-band EQ puts down some serious thunder. I used to use one through my GK and some of my old recordings have a nice, thick bass tone. My goal is to return to that ballpark again with my upcoming bass.

Of course, it is impossible to discuss bass tone for me without mentioning Sublime's Eric Wilson...a true diety of thunder.
                                Soundcloud

Comment

Working...
                                X