Views:	194
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	6130448
    This is what my bass board looks like:

Leave a comment:

• Dudeman7
    replied
    Originally posted by Aceman View Post

What is the deal with Bass and Phaser? Seems to be a very popular swirl. I was not aware of the bass love of phaser....
    Phaser is one of my all time favorite effects, for bass or guitar. They're really damn versatile and playing around with placement in your effects chain can give you very different results. I also feel like it hasn't been overdone like say, chorus on bass has.

Right now, I have 3 different phasers on my guitar board and 4 on my bass board. I'm actually in the process of building another block logo Phase 90 clone to stick towards the end of my guitar board.

Can't have too many phasers!

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    Originally posted by Dudeman7 View Post

No phaser?
    What is the deal with Bass and Phaser? Seems to be a very popular swirl. I was not aware of the bass love of phaser....

Leave a comment:

• Dudeman7
    replied
    Originally posted by alex1fly View Post
    Delay, wah, envelope filter, EQ, compression, octaver, some kind of dirt, synth/filter. That gets me where I want to go with bass guitar.
    No phaser?

Leave a comment:

• alex1fly
    replied
    Delay, wah, envelope filter, EQ, compression, octaver, some kind of dirt, synth/filter. That gets me where I want to go with bass guitar.

Leave a comment:

• abbasbihoudi
    replied
    Such a good choices for pedal.
    I love it

Leave a comment:

• Dudeman7
    replied
    Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

I always ad Rat hard Clipping north of 2k on the spectrum in rock mixes -makes it come alive!

The key is keeping is not over doing it
    Definitely! Like anything else, what sounds good playing by yourself at home doesn't necessarily work out when you're playing with other instruments.

Leave a comment:

• NegativeEase
    replied
    Originally posted by Dudeman7 View Post

Agreed! I built a bass distortion that is based on the Rat. It sounds killer on its own and it doesn't get buried in the mix when the guitar is also distorted.
    I always ad Rat hard Clipping north of 2k on the spectrum in rock mixes -makes it come alive!

The key is keeping is not over doing it

Leave a comment:

• Dudeman7
    replied
    Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
    I should remind everyone that a RAT pedal on a bass to add a slight sizzle on the top end with the hard clipping is incredible sounding.
    Agreed! I built a bass distortion that is based on the Rat. It sounds killer on its own and it doesn't get buried in the mix when the guitar is also distorted.

Leave a comment:

• NegativeEase
    replied
    I should remind everyone that a RAT pedal on a bass to add a slight sizzle on the top end with the hard clipping is incredible sounding.

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    I wouldn't mind half of that for my guitar...

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    That Space Station pedal is super cool...

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    So none of you have gone full-on Bootsy yet?

Leave a comment:

• Dudeman7
    replied
    Can't upload an image of my bass board but there is a lot of stuff on it. Multiple fuzz, OD and phaser pedals, envelope filter, chorus, tape delay, harmonic tremolo, tuner and a couple different preamps.

My amp has built in compression and noise gate and more EQ options than most people know what to do with.

Anyway, I love playing bass with lots of effects.

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    Originally posted by rbc View Post
    Re: Bass pedals

My Bass DI came in today:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]105887[/ATTACH]

That's about it for my bass pedals. There is a chorus downstream in the board effects loop. It's a Rockman Stereo Chorus/Delay.
    My old bassist had that MXR pedal it sounded amazing. He has a Lemmy type of thing going on.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X