Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBD

My latest pawn shop score: Ibanez SRX690EX
    Evidently the price tag was mislabeled, but I give the guy credit, he honored it. I'm sure that he was sad to see it go at the price though.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Re: NBD

Very nice! Are those some kinda rail pickups? I can't quite see.
    Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

Comment

No. I think that they're similar to MM. They sound quite good.

Comment

Sweet!

The only thing missing from my lineup is something with humbuckers. Love the offset dots, and that top is the stuff.
        "Patience is key. Hard work is obligatory. And itís the decisions you make right now, not the habits of the past, that will shape your success in the future." - Janek Gwizdala

Comment

Did I mention that it's neck through?

Comment

Whoa... I hate neck thru guitars, but I need to give them a shot on basses.
            "Patience is key. Hard work is obligatory. And itís the decisions you make right now, not the habits of the past, that will shape your success in the future." - Janek Gwizdala

Comment

Does it sound like a Music Man? Or does it have its own unique thing going on?
              Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

Comment

I honestly wouldn't know, as I've never played one.

Comment

I think MM basses usually have the pickup further from the bridge.

Comment

Probably. Like I said, I've never played one. I do recall that the pickups look similar to what's on this Ibanez. Which is probably where Ibanez copied them from. They have those fat round pole pieces.

Comment

Just spent some time putting it through it's paces after getting the amp dialed in yesterday. Wow.
                      Funny thing is, I dialed in the amp trying to get rid of a buzz that I kept hearing. Finally gave up as "good enough". Today I discovered a small plank of wood leaning against the speaker grill, promptly removed it. "Good enough" suddenly became "just fine".
                      Now, just using the onboard controls of the bass, I can go from D.D. Vernie to Jaco, to Stanley Clarke, to Entwisle, Squire... Anyway, you get the idea.
                      Now I'm going to have to play my Jackson so I can compare the two.

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
                        I love neck through. The only thing that holds me back from them is the price. On this one, the price was more than just right.

Comment

Nice score buddy!
                          Laying down some lows!!
                          Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
                            Please elaborate on your distaste of thru neck... what's not to love? -unless you have stock in Mighty Mite or Warmoth.
                            ďFor me, when everything goes wrong Ė thatís when adventure starts.Ē Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

The only downside that I can see with either set or neck through instruments is if they get damaged they're more difficult to repair.

Comment

Working...
                              X