Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A5 mag in STC-3P?

Would this help the highs?

Sorry. Monday morning humor. Look at the STC-3P Bass Preamp. It lists an A2 mag.

Re: A5 mag in STC-3P?

I tried the Ant 1 and 2 P bass pickups. One is A2, the other A5. They didn’t sound worlds apart like on a hot guitar pickup.
    "Patience is key. Hard work is obligatory. And itís the decisions you make right now, not the habits of the past, that will shape your success in the future." - Janek Gwizdala

Comment

the preamp has the tonz man, all cause the a2

Comment

Wait a second... I missed the point of this the first time.
        "Patience is key. Hard work is obligatory. And itís the decisions you make right now, not the habits of the past, that will shape your success in the future." - Janek Gwizdala

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
          Wait a second... I missed the point of this the first time.
          I was trying to be nice . . . and not point that out.

The good news is, I'm going out to the PO right now, to send your bridge.

Comment

Now you're gonna start everybody asking about mag-swapping their preamps.

Comment

Well . . . have you actually tried the A5 in the STC-3P preamp? I think it scoops the mids.

Comment

yeah but the bottom is big and tight so its a trade off

Comment

I like the oversized ceramic at 18 volts. Crazy output with headroom galore.

Comment

I like the warmth of the UOA5, but then you have to reverse the caps on the input & output.

Comment

I tried an unoriented magnet, but my volume knob started turning up when I turned it down. Maybe I had it in backwards. Next time I'll try a RWRP blend pot.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                        yeah but the bottom is big and tight so its a trade off
                        That offers a million one-liners . . . but I'm biting my tongue.

Comment

I called the custom shop asking for one with a double thick ceramic and they hung up the phone on me... :/
                          I called back and someone else said "that's just shop-floor custom, contact your dealer" and they hung up too...

Comment

did they try to sell you insurance before they hung up?

Comment

Working...
                            X