• dystrust
    replied
    Re: Bass Blackouts

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
    if I liked the Ibanez
    I would look at Ibanez pickups

my 500 has the Bartolini MK pickups
    I wonder who owns those?
    Those Bartolini mkIs are the Bartolini equivalent of Duncan Designed. They used to be made in Korea, but I don't know if that's still the case. That being the case they're not available after market, though Bartolini will sell you pickups made in the US that will fit those routs.

Leave a comment:

• ehdwuld
    replied

if I liked the Ibanez
    I would look at Ibanez pickups

my 500 has the Bartolini MK pickups
    I wonder who owns those?

Leave a comment:

• DavidRavenMoon
    replied

Duncan has had EMG shaped soapbar bass pickups for years. Since the Basslines days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
    The Jackson is active with dual volumes and TMB controls. I'm hoping that the Blackouts would be a straight swap for the Jackson oems.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk
    Well, that, I don't know. If you go through with it, let me know. It should be fine, as you can use the Blackouts with any preamp (apparently). I haven't tried every one.

Leave a comment:

• Demanic
    replied

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    Well, combining them with a Blackout preamp would get you a bass and treble control, which, to me, is an improvement over a passive tone control. Providing there is room for your battery.
    The Jackson is active with dual volumes and TMB controls. I'm hoping that the Blackouts would be a straight swap for the Jackson oems.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied

Well, combining them with a Blackout preamp would get you a bass and treble control, which, to me, is an improvement over a passive tone control. Providing there is room for your battery.

Leave a comment:

• Demanic
    started a topic Bass Blackouts

Bass Blackouts

Thinking about getting new pickups for my Jackson five string. I picked up an Ibanez 4 string a few months ago and it sounds fantastic. Compared to it, my Jackson sounds dull. I figured that I would put a new set of strings on and see if that made a difference. While it now sounds better, not good enough. So, I went into the pickup section of the website and saw that Duncan is now offering bass soap bars under the Blackout moniker. I figure that if they are anything like the guitar Blackouts, then they should suit me just fine. On the odd chance that someone has had some experience with them, do you think that they would be a significant improvement over the stock Jackson pickups?
Working...
X