banner

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Upgrade Monday 1/24 @ 8pm PST

Going through a forum upgrade Monday 1/24 @ 8pm PST. Forum should be down an hour or so.
See more
See less

Combo amp suggestions.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Combo amp suggestions.

    Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
    Check out the return policy

    What you got in local stores?

    Something should work
    The usual amps that Guitar Center carries. They do sell the VT Bass 200 but they didn't have one in the store. The smaller stores had a couple of Rumbles but that's about it. So I "think" I've narrowed it down between these two amps.

    Tech 21 VT Bass 200.
    Ampeg BA-210v2

    They are the same price. Obviously, the Ampeg has two 10" speakers and the VT has one 12". The Ampeg offers more, but, I really don't need all of that power. No plans on gigging. So, that's where I'm at so far.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Combo amp suggestions.

      I like the two tens

      My Carvin has two tens
      EHD
      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Combo amp suggestions.

        I've had a VT deluxe pedal for a couple years and love it. Hard to go wrong with Tech 21 products.

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Combo amp suggestions.

          Originally posted by Explorer84 View Post
          The usual amps that Guitar Center carries. They do sell the VT Bass 200 but they didn't have one in the store. The smaller stores had a couple of Rumbles but that's about it. So I "think" I've narrowed it down between these two amps.

          Tech 21 VT Bass 200.
          Ampeg BA-210v2

          They are the same price. Obviously, the Ampeg has two 10" speakers and the VT has one 12". The Ampeg offers more, but, I really don't need all of that power. No plans on gigging. So, that's where I'm at so far.
          Both good combos. I have an Ampeg SCR-DI which is the front-end of the Ampeg BA and really like it. I go from that pedal into an EV ZLXP-12 powered PA speaker: loud enough, sounds good also at low volume, and can be used for many other things.
          Have you look at GK MB combos?
          Personally I prefer an head/cab over a combo. Have you look at Trace-Elliot Elf? You then can choose whatever cab you like.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Combo amp suggestions.

            Originally posted by donaldr View Post
            Both good combos. I have an Ampeg SCR-DI which is the front-end of the Ampeg BA and really like it. I go from that pedal into an EV ZLXP-12 powered PA speaker: loud enough, sounds good also at low volume, and can be used for many other things.
            Have you look at GK MB combos?
            Personally I prefer an head/cab over a combo. Have you look at Trace-Elliot Elf? You then can choose whatever cab you like.
            Actually, I have not looked at the GK's or the Trace Elliot's. Which I will do. Thanks for the suggestions. I'd like to keep it simple so a combo would work the best for me.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Combo amp suggestions.

              What are your opinions about "open box" items. This is in regards to the VT amp.

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Combo amp suggestions.

                Open bax are deals sometimes
                Alot of my gear is either
                Used
                Open box
                Demo
                Scratch and dent

                Its gonna get scratched and dented eventually


                Carvin had some micro heads a while back
                250 watt
                Size of your hand
                Roll cabs till you find "you"
                EHD
                Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Combo amp suggestions.

                  It's all a matter of a reputable dealer. Sweetwater or MF, I wouldn't think twice.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Combo amp suggestions.

                    Well, I finally made my choice. I'm going with the Tech 21 VT Bass 200. I got a reasonable discounted price on it. Should be here next week. I want to thank you guys for all of the help and suggestions.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Combo amp suggestions.

                      awesome
                      Post pics and review when it arrives

                      love to hear what you think
                      EHD
                      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Combo amp suggestions.

                        Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
                        awesome
                        Post pics and review when it arrives

                        love to hear what you think


                        Being that I'm still green with bass equipment I don't think I could provide any useful info on the amp and the specifics of it. The only thing I would probably say is if the amp sounds good to me or not (which isn't a lot of useful info). But again, with the lack of experience at this point any amp would probably sound good to me.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: Combo amp suggestions.

                          ease of use
                          feature set
                          weight

                          just the regular stuff
                          EHD
                          Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                          RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                          SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                          Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                          Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                          Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                          Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                          GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: Combo amp suggestions.

                            Originally posted by Explorer84 View Post
                            Well, I finally made my choice. I'm going with the Tech 21 VT Bass 200. I got a reasonable discounted price on it. Should be here next week. I want to thank you guys for all of the help and suggestions.
                            Nice choice! I think that you are going to like it.

                            Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: Combo amp suggestions.

                              Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
                              ease of use
                              feature set
                              weight

                              just the regular stuff

                              I'll give it a shot.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: Combo amp suggestions.

                                Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                                Nice choice! I think that you are going to like it.

                                Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

                                Thanks! I've been racking my brain and ears trying to decide. I think I'll be happy with it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X