Leave a comment:

• Explorer84
    replied
    Re: Combo amp suggestions.

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
    awesome
    Post pics and review when it arrives

love to hear what you think

Being that I'm still green with bass equipment I don't think I could provide any useful info on the amp and the specifics of it. The only thing I would probably say is if the amp sounds good to me or not (which isn't a lot of useful info). But again, with the lack of experience at this point any amp would probably sound good to me.

Leave a comment:

• ehdwuld
    replied

awesome
    Post pics and review when it arrives

love to hear what you think

Leave a comment:

• Explorer84
    replied

Well, I finally made my choice. I'm going with the Tech 21 VT Bass 200. I got a reasonable discounted price on it. Should be here next week. I want to thank you guys for all of the help and suggestions.

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied

It's all a matter of a reputable dealer. Sweetwater or MF, I wouldn't think twice.

Leave a comment:

• ehdwuld
    replied

Open bax are deals sometimes
    Alot of my gear is either
    Used
    Open box
    Demo
    Scratch and dent

Its gonna get scratched and dented eventually

Carvin had some micro heads a while back
    250 watt
    Size of your hand
    Roll cabs till you find "you"

Leave a comment:

• Explorer84
    replied

What are your opinions about "open box" items. This is in regards to the VT amp.

Leave a comment:

• Explorer84
    replied

Originally posted by donaldr View Post
    Both good combos. I have an Ampeg SCR-DI which is the front-end of the Ampeg BA and really like it. I go from that pedal into an EV ZLXP-12 powered PA speaker: loud enough, sounds good also at low volume, and can be used for many other things.
    Have you look at GK MB combos?
    Personally I prefer an head/cab over a combo. Have you look at Trace-Elliot Elf? You then can choose whatever cab you like.
    Actually, I have not looked at the GK's or the Trace Elliot's. Which I will do. Thanks for the suggestions. I'd like to keep it simple so a combo would work the best for me.

Leave a comment:

• donaldr
    replied

Originally posted by Explorer84 View Post
    The usual amps that Guitar Center carries. They do sell the VT Bass 200 but they didn't have one in the store. The smaller stores had a couple of Rumbles but that's about it. So I "think" I've narrowed it down between these two amps.

Tech 21 VT Bass 200.
    Ampeg BA-210v2

They are the same price. Obviously, the Ampeg has two 10" speakers and the VT has one 12". The Ampeg offers more, but, I really don't need all of that power. No plans on gigging. So, that's where I'm at so far.
    Both good combos. I have an Ampeg SCR-DI which is the front-end of the Ampeg BA and really like it. I go from that pedal into an EV ZLXP-12 powered PA speaker: loud enough, sounds good also at low volume, and can be used for many other things.
    Have you look at GK MB combos?
    Personally I prefer an head/cab over a combo. Have you look at Trace-Elliot Elf? You then can choose whatever cab you like.

Leave a comment:

• chadd
    replied

I've had a VT deluxe pedal for a couple years and love it. Hard to go wrong with Tech 21 products.

Leave a comment:

• ehdwuld
    replied

I like the two tens

My Carvin has two tens

Leave a comment:

• Explorer84
    replied

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
    Check out the return policy

What you got in local stores?

Something should work
    The usual amps that Guitar Center carries. They do sell the VT Bass 200 but they didn't have one in the store. The smaller stores had a couple of Rumbles but that's about it. So I "think" I've narrowed it down between these two amps.

Tech 21 VT Bass 200.
    Ampeg BA-210v2

They are the same price. Obviously, the Ampeg has two 10" speakers and the VT has one 12". The Ampeg offers more, but, I really don't need all of that power. No plans on gigging. So, that's where I'm at so far.

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    The RBI would be great with a PowerStage 700. Any Tech21 preamp is great stuff.
    Yeah, it would. But right after I posted, I realized he was asking about combo's.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
    I always thought that a Tech 21 RBI, mated with an ART SLA-1 or 2 would be a killer bass amp.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]105273[/ATTACH]
    The RBI would be great with a PowerStage 700. Any Tech21 preamp is great stuff.

Leave a comment:

• ehdwuld
    replied

Check out the return policy

What you got in local stores?

Something should work

Leave a comment:

Working...
X