Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The claw

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by solspirit View Post
    Stop crying and do something about it.
    Thought I'd mention that my claw isn't due to an injury. It's from upright bass fingering early in my musician life. Anyhoo, I am doing exercises to help my left hand but I think I'll be forever clawed no matter what I do. I play a few minutes of left handed bass per day where I pluck with pointer and middle, then middle and ring, then ring and pinky. It's working pretty well to develop my left hand a little better for my regular right handed guitar playing.
    The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

    Comment


    • #32
      I don't think there is really a problem here. BOTH of my hands do this in the relaxed position. I have no dexterity issues or anything else. I never played upright bass, only guitar and electric bass.

      Comment


      • #33
        I know. It's a joke thread. I wish I had a little more dexterity but watever.
        The things that you wanted
        I bought them for you

        Comment


        • #34
          Are you doing extension exercises?

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post

            Thought I'd mention that my claw isn't due to an injury. It's from upright bass fingering early in my musician life. Anyhoo, I am doing exercises to help my left hand but I think I'll be forever clawed no matter what I do. I play a few minutes of left handed bass per day where I pluck with pointer and middle, then middle and ring, then ring and pinky. It's working pretty well to develop my left hand a little better for my regular right handed guitar playing.
            do you really think that injuries don't occur from repetitive motion?
            Take a good look at the two links I posted. Think about carpal tunnel syndrome, that's considered an injury.

            Comment


            • #36
              :o
              The things that you wanted
              I bought them for you

              Comment


              • #37
                Darn Clint 55, I learn something new about you every day.

                So you studied upright? :o Awesome! . I studied fretless electric bass... wanted to play the upright;

                but decided not to. Because it was so expensive; hard to lug around- and not easy to learn/play either. It's still my favourite bass (and bowed) instrument.

                \m/
                If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

                Comment


                • #38
                  Pretty sure that's what they now call "carpal tunnel"

                  Used to get that way in a job that involved huge volumes of typing at like 90 WPM... went away on its own after I ragequit.

                  Actually, would even go away with breaks of just a few days, but would recur if you went back to the activity that caused it too much and too early
                  "New stuff always sucks" -Me

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    I have a feeling that masturbating, typing on a keyboard on the internet ,and texting on your phone has done more to mess with your hand posture than playing bass.
                    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      ^ Not me cuz I'm a pro wacker :P

                      Originally posted by Adieu View Post
                      Used to get that way in a job that involved huge volumes of typing at like 90 WPM... went away on its own after I ragequit.
                      You tell em Adieu!
                      The things that you wanted
                      I bought them for you

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Erlend_G View Post
                        Darn Clint 55, I learn something new about you every day.

                        So you studied upright? :o Awesome! . I studied fretless electric bass... wanted to play the upright;

                        but decided not to. Because it was so expensive; hard to lug around- and not easy to learn/play either. It's still my favourite bass (and bowed) instrument.

                        \m/
                        That's cool that you studied fretless. Do you still have one? I don't remember. The only bass I have right now is a P bass that I fixed up. I don't have an upright anymore for the reasons you said. Expensive, tough to play, etc. My goal is to just get to playing 1 instrument - guitar - well. Maybe I should revisit upright in the future. I'm pretty good. Can hold it down pizzicato and I can play well with the bow - in tune with vibrato and everything.
                        The things that you wanted
                        I bought them for you

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          I learned something new in this thread -people study the bass.

                          bass jokes.... I got em.
                          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Also known as "jack hand"

                            ​​​​​​https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulnar_...e%20lumbricals.
                            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              ^ For the 80th time, it's not an injury. My ring sticks paired next to my middle while passive from upright bass fingering. If I go to move them, they function normally.

                              Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                              I learned something new in this thread -people study the bass.

                              bass jokes.... I got em.
                              Yap. I quit bass when I decided I wanted to learn to play actual music with melody and harmony.
                              The things that you wanted
                              I bought them for you

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post

                                That's cool that you studied fretless. Do you still have one? I don't remember. The only bass I have right now is a P bass that I fixed up. I don't have an upright anymore for the reasons you said. Expensive, tough to play, etc. My goal is to just get to playing 1 instrument - guitar - well. Maybe I should revisit upright in the future. I'm pretty good. Can hold it down pizzicato and I can play well with the bow - in tune with vibrato and everything.
                                I lost everything- I ever owned, got, saved for, bought... in a house fire; that took everything with it. No insurance.

                                :/

                                but please; keep playing! . I love the sound of an upright.
                                If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X