banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Neodymium Magnet Bass Speakers - 18" - Does It Exist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you insist on an Eminence, yes, they make a Neo 18". You'll probably have to eat ramen noodles for a few months. It's $580.00 US.
    Eminence NSW4018-8 18" Professional Neodymium Tour Grade Subwoofer DriverCapable of over 30 mm of peak-to-peak excursion, the Eminence NSW4018-8 18" professional subwoofer is designed to move a lot of air for powerful low frequency output. The FEA optimized neodymium motor assembly includes extensive venting to enable the 4" diameter inside/outside wound voice coil to handle up to 1,600 watts RMS with minimal power compression and low distortion. Supporting the motor is a rigid cast aluminum frame which provides solid mounting points to withstand the beating that can be expected in the professional sound environment. To improve efficiency the NSW4018-8 uses Eminence's rigid but lightweight X5 paper pulp cone. The result is an extremely long throw, lightweight, and exceptionally high power handling driver with top notch performance that is designed to handle everything you can throw at it.Eminence was founded during the days when American Muscle ruled the road. There was no replacement for displacement, and for those of us in the professional audio industry, that statement still holds true. Professional audio is experiencing staggering growth. In anticipation of that growth, Eminence charged thier engineering team to design the best professional audio loudspeakers in the world. We insisted that they beat the performance and durability of every competitor.The Eminence family of TOUR GRADE loudspeakers, designed and assembled in the USA, represents maximum power handling, maximum displacement, maximum SPL, and unequaled reliability. Advanced measurement systems and FEA optimization tools were implemented on this next generation of subwoofers.
    sigpic
    "Add about a half-a-teacup o' bass...."
    --'King' Curtis Ousley

Visit me on Facebook
    Originally posted by Lewguitar
    In our heart of hearts we're love. That's who we really are.

Comment

Originally posted by ginormous View Post
      If you insist on an Eminence, yes, they make a Neo 18". You'll probably have to eat ramen noodles for a few months. It's $580.00 US.
      https://www.parts-express.com/eminen...iver--290-5660
      Thank you! I currently use a GK 1001-RB, the same head I've been using for 20 years now. I would like to keep it, but I will have to dig around for my manual. I do not even remember what kind of wattage it has. I do know my plan is to run two separate 8 ohm cabs. One of them being a 2x15 (maybe with horns) and the other a 1x18. If my GK has enough power, I might actually be interested in eating ramen noodles for a few months to make this Eminence 1x18 happen.

This sounds like a rig I would love to piece together. I just do not want to lose my GK tone to get there. I have not checked out the new GK heads, maybe they have something with more power now if I need it.

I really appreciate you finding both of these speaker options! I have not had much time to look the past few weeks. Thank you very much!
      Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by dystrust View Post

The fEARful cabs use a 12" or 15" sub with a 6.5" midrange driver and an optional tweeter. longcat has a 12/6 cube and it's an amazing, small, lightweight cab.
        Dude, these are cool. I had not heard of these until you shared the link here. Thank you. I might want to check one of these out at some point.
        Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
          Carvin Audio used to have em
          I had a 15 neo some years ago
          And I'm sure there was a 18 version as well
          Thank you, I will check Carvin's options out as well!
          Soundcloud

Comment

Okay, I think my GK 1001RB-II cranks out 700 watts RMS at 4 ohms. I plan on running the 1x18 alongside a 2x15, each cab at 8 ohms. I am going to go with the Eminence. The only thing I have not decided on is if I will add some kind of bi-amp horn to the 2x15. I really don't use them, but it might be nice to have the option if I ever want it.

I will try the Eminence woofer with the 1001RB, if I want more power than that I may seek out a used 2001RB or a new 1200 watt GK Fusion head. I will see how the 1001RB pushes the 18 first.
            Soundcloud

Comment

Found the specs online.
              sigpic
              "Add about a half-a-teacup o' bass...."
              --'King' Curtis Ousley

Visit me on Facebook
              Originally posted by Lewguitar
              In our heart of hearts we're love. That's who we really are.

Comment

Thank you! I think it will work. I am going to try it.
                Soundcloud

Comment

Working...
                X