Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primus

#thread

Last edited by Clint 55; 08-05-2020, 01:54 AM.
    The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

One of the greatest bass virtuosos to ever live. I do not care for the overall sound of the band so much, but Les can really, really play.
    Soundcloud

Comment

That's how it's always been for me. I tried to force it in high school with their cds back when I only played electric bass and didn't understand music well yet. Then my enthusiasm went away. Now I'm feelin it all of a sudden. Really like the sound of the other 2 instruments. How the drums keep the hats closed a lot and play percussively to let the bass shine and the guitar is fusion-y but really rock and creative.
      Last edited by Clint 55; 08-05-2020, 08:30 PM.
      I bought them for you

Comment

Yeah, if there is one thing I will say about Primus it is that they are extremely talented musicians and tight as a group. I would say they are far ahead of their time.
        Soundcloud

Comment

#thread

I bought them for you

Comment

Yas

Comment

#thread

I bought them for you

Comment

I bought them for you

Comment

First time I'd heard of Primus I was in a band that was opening for them. The drummer's kit took up 85% of the stage and Les and the guitar player were crammed into a 3' x 3' area on opposite sides of the club stage. My band was at the bottom of the bill. There were 200+ people in the club when we played around 8-9 PM. We went back later around midnight to get paid and there were 3 people in the club watching Primus. I think one of them was the drum tech. I thought, "These guys aren't going anywhere." The rest is history.

Comment

That's awesome.
                    I bought them for you

Comment

When I first saw them, they were opening for Rush. So while it was interesting to watch, with some funky grooves....well, there was Rush right after.
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

They're the same band lol.

I bought them for you

Comment

Their stuff isn't always my bag, but I love their creativity and the fact that they have their own thing. Iconic alt band if there ever was one.

Comment

Working...
                          X