X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demanic
    replied
    Originally posted by Snake Aces View Post
    I like GK's cabs as well. I used to have their NEO 2X12. It was a good cab. I think I will try a signal splitter first. I think I will run one head through the 1x18 with a focus on low end frequencies and then run the other head through the 2x15 with horn and ported 12 with horn. I will see how I like it. It would be a lot of cabs to haul around if/when gigging ever resumes, but IMO, if the tone it provides is unique enough to the overall bass experience, then it will be worth it.

Anybody have a top notch signal splitter they recommend?
    Sounds like you want an active crossover.
    Sends the lows to the amp powering the 1x18. Dial that amp in for that. Then send the mids and top end to the other amp and cab. Dial that one in accordingly, remember you don't need to worry about bass, the other amp is taking care of that.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Snake Aces
    replied
    Thanks! I will check it out!

Leave a comment:

• ErikH
    replied
    That would be a sweet setup. Check out Billy Sheehan's rig. Man, that setup is cool.
    Last edited by ErikH; 08-31-2020, 12:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Snake Aces
    replied
    I like GK's cabs as well. I used to have their NEO 2X12. It was a good cab. I think I will try a signal splitter first. I think I will run one head through the 1x18 with a focus on low end frequencies and then run the other head through the 2x15 with horn and ported 12 with horn. I will see how I like it. It would be a lot of cabs to haul around if/when gigging ever resumes, but IMO, if the tone it provides is unique enough to the overall bass experience, then it will be worth it.

Anybody have a top notch signal splitter they recommend?

Leave a comment:

• ErikH
    replied
    The only GK experience I have recently is the cabs. I have a CX410 here that I run with an Ampeg PF-500 head. Great little setup. I haven't fired it up in quite a while.

You could run both heads at the same time in to two separate cabs. All you'd need is a signal splitter of some sort, maybe even a chorus pedal set mild for some spaciousness. Experiment.

Leave a comment:

• Snake Aces
    replied
    Follow up question:

Can I run both of them at the same time? Can I double down? I am stupid when it comes to this sh!t... but I love big MFin bass. Hop-hop, reggae, classic rock, etc. My best days were laying it down for Kenny Kurtti in Sonic Alchemy back in the day. He is a great, great player and songwriter. The best I have ever played with. Back then, I ran through my GK 1001-RB. I wonder if I can get my tone even bigger than it was then?

Leave a comment:

• Snake Aces
    started a topic Any Other GK Fans/Players Here?

Any Other GK Fans/Players Here?

I love my 1001RB-II but I am thinking of getting a 1200 Fusion head from GK. What can I expect, tone-wise, when compared to my 1001RB-II?
Working...
X