Well...

As I lost everything i owned (25K USD) in musical equipment, in a house fire-

I'm left with nothing but an electric guitar, amp, and a western dreadnought.

I've studied bass guitar for many years, including fretless bass at Sund Jazz School in middle norway...

I still consider myself a bassist.

so...

I'm looking for, what bass to replace what I've owned- (an Ibanez RD500Fretless, 34", a Chateau full acoustic that I converted to fretless, a 5 string Cruiser (by crafter) and an Epiphone EB-0...)

Of all these, I think the Chateau 34" fretless full-acoustic (that I planned to put an magnetic pickup in, with the steel flatwounds on it.) and the Epiphone EB-0, was my favourites.

I'd love to go full fretless again- it's not easy at first, but it's like going from a tricycle to a bicycle. Once you get the hang of it, the "third wheel" just make you tip over .

What I really need, is a good (thick!!) neck, and a pickup placed very close to the neck. A 30" scale doesn't mind, if I'm going fretted- but for fretless, a 34" scale is important.

... So...I'm considering to either get another Epiphone EB-0, or a "beatles/ violin " bass, (afraid of a too thin/narrow neck though),
or a really good, (I want a hollow/semi hollow) 34" fretless, with no fretlines, and a "mudbucker" or soapbar close to the fretboard.

Sorry that I'm still just thinking out loud. I need to get this figured out, before I move next year- I might be living with a songer/songwriter who needs someone on bass and keys, aswell as electric guitar .

cheers

-Erl \m/

EDIT: I need to say, that I'm considered (in Norwegian terms) a POOR man. I need to save up for months, to buy a new instrument. So please, nothing over... 500 USD (used or new)

-E