• Show
Clear All

• Mincer
    replied
    Wow, that sounds great!

Leave a comment:

• kcrknp
    replied
    Here is the bass with the stock pickup, through a Joyo Compressor and Mosky Preamp (both $30 chinese pedals). Some processing with Waves Scheps Omni Channel plugin. I'll post a clip with the same process and Quarter Pounder when I install it.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    Great looking pair! You gotta collect them all now.

Leave a comment:

• kcrknp
    replied
    Here it is next to my surf pearl strat with JB. The Squier surf green is definitely more blue but it looks good.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    Originally posted by kcrknp View Post
    It arrived last night. It's a little more blue than my surf pearl strat but I love it. I took it out and tuned it up, made a couple adjustments and tried her through a compressor pedal and one of my powered 15 PA speakers and it sounds great already! Busy this morning but pics and sound clip coming later.
    Always nice to hear of a successful transplant. Look forward to the pics!

Leave a comment:

• kcrknp
    replied
    It arrived last night. It's a little more blue than my surf pearl strat but I love it. I took it out and tuned it up, made a couple adjustments and tried her through a compressor pedal and one of my powered 15 PA speakers and it sounds great already! Busy this morning but pics and sound clip coming later.

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied
    Originally posted by kcrknp View Post
    Just ordered the QP pickup from Musician's Friend . . .
    Cool. Let us know how you like 'em.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    The QP will sound massive in that bass. Let us know how the modification goes!

Leave a comment:

• kcrknp
    replied
    Just ordered the QP pickup from Musician's Friend, they're 25% off with the coupon code if anyone else is looking for pickups. The QP jazz set is on sale as well. Getting lucky with the deals this week.

Leave a comment:

• kcrknp
    replied
    Artie: Thanks brother, I listened to some clips and the QP sounds like the tone I'm looking for. The Steve Harris also sounded good. I like my bass sound to have a controlled low end and a clear high end.

Leave a comment:

• eclecticsynergy
    replied
    Surf green rocks! Especially nice with a maple board in aged clearcoat.

Leave a comment:

• ICTGoober
    replied
    One of the few green colors I like on guitars.

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied
    Nice color. Even nicer price. That should be sweet.

For what it's worth, QP's would go nice in that. They're what I recently installed in mine. Nice punch, but still clean and tight.

Last edited by ArtieToo; 10-08-2020, 01:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    Beautiful bass. Look forward to seeing the upgrade process.

Leave a comment:

• kcrknp
    started a topic NBD Incoming - Squier Precision Surf Green

NBD Incoming - Squier Precision Surf Green

I've been looking at cheap Squier and Sterling basses for a couple months to add to the collection since I haven't bought one in 10+ years. Saw this one recently and bookmarked it, went back today to see it was on sale so I pulled the trigger! Looks pretty sexy with the block inlays on maple. Probably going to put a Duncan in it with the money I saved. Also might put a pearl guard on it so it matches my surf pearl Strat. Will update with pics when it arrives.

Shop for the Squier Squier by Fender Limited-Edition Classic Vibe '70s Precision Bass in Surf Green and receive free shipping and guaranteed lowest price.
Working...
X