NBD Incoming - Squier Precision Surf Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBD Incoming - Squier Precision Surf Green

I've been looking at cheap Squier and Sterling basses for a couple months to add to the collection since I haven't bought one in 10+ years. Saw this one recently and bookmarked it, went back today to see it was on sale so I pulled the trigger! Looks pretty sexy with the block inlays on maple. Probably going to put a Duncan in it with the money I saved. Also might put a pearl guard on it so it matches my surf pearl Strat. Will update with pics when it arrives.

Shop for the Squier Squier by Fender Limited-Edition Classic Vibe '70s Precision Bass in Surf Green and receive free shipping and guaranteed lowest price.

Beautiful bass. Look forward to seeing the upgrade process.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Nice color. Even nicer price. That should be sweet.

For what it's worth, QP's would go nice in that. They're what I recently installed in mine. Nice punch, but still clean and tight.

Last edited by ArtieToo; 10-08-2020, 01:22 PM.

Comment

One of the few green colors I like on guitars.
        aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Surf green rocks! Especially nice with a maple board in aged clearcoat.
          "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Artie: Thanks brother, I listened to some clips and the QP sounds like the tone I'm looking for. The Steve Harris also sounded good. I like my bass sound to have a controlled low end and a clear high end.

Comment

Just ordered the QP pickup from Musician's Friend, they're 25% off with the coupon code if anyone else is looking for pickups. The QP jazz set is on sale as well. Getting lucky with the deals this week.

Comment

The QP will sound massive in that bass. Let us know how the modification goes!

Comment

Originally posted by kcrknp View Post
                  Just ordered the QP pickup from Musician's Friend . . .
                  Cool. Let us know how you like 'em.

Comment

It arrived last night. It's a little more blue than my surf pearl strat but I love it. I took it out and tuned it up, made a couple adjustments and tried her through a compressor pedal and one of my powered 15 PA speakers and it sounds great already! Busy this morning but pics and sound clip coming later.

Comment

Originally posted by kcrknp View Post
                      It arrived last night. It's a little more blue than my surf pearl strat but I love it. I took it out and tuned it up, made a couple adjustments and tried her through a compressor pedal and one of my powered 15 PA speakers and it sounds great already! Busy this morning but pics and sound clip coming later.
                      Always nice to hear of a successful transplant. Look forward to the pics!

Comment

Here it is next to my surf pearl strat with JB. The Squier surf green is definitely more blue but it looks good.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Great looking pair! You gotta collect them all now.

Comment

Here is the bass with the stock pickup, through a Joyo Compressor and Mosky Preamp (both $30 chinese pedals). Some processing with Waves Scheps Omni Channel plugin. I'll post a clip with the same process and Quarter Pounder when I install it.

Comment

Wow, that sounds great!

Comment

Working...
                              X