• Show
Clear All

• Aceman
    replied
    Mosky Golden Horsie or actual preamp?

Leave a comment:

• formula73
    replied

I like those. I put one on my short scale Talman. No complaints.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied
    Originally posted by dystrust View Post
    That looks like a Hipshot Kicka$$ bridge; longcat has one on her Squier Bronco.
    Yup. That's exactly what it is. Nice Bronco.

Leave a comment:

• dystrust
    replied
    Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

I went with the Hipshot. A little pricey, but it does hide its balls.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hipshot_bridge.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	6028355
    That looks like a Hipshot Kicka$$ bridge; longcat has one on her Squier Bronco

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied
    Originally posted by kcrknp View Post
    I don't like the stock bent metal bridge either, definitely going to replace with a high mass at some point.
    I went with the Hipshot. A little pricey, but it does hide its balls.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hipshot_bridge.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	6028355

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    Man - I got a Squire P-Bass Special a while back (P/J) and after a little neck shim and adjusting the pickups I freaking LOVE it.

Great choice.

Leave a comment:

• kcrknp
    replied
    Thanks for the comments guys. That was just a little improvised thing I came up with on the spot, it does sound familiar to me too though. Finally got around to installing and recording a clip with the QP. Listening back I probably didn't mix enough low end in, but you still get the idea. I used the same chain and plugins for the new clip, even though I wanted to add a little bass, I didn't, for comparison purposes. The only thing I changed was the pre amp gain on the plugin because the output of QP was high enough to push the same amount of gain into fuzz bass territory. I tried to match the gain.

Drums and bass guitar - Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound P Bass Pickup

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied
    That DID sound good. What was that from? I recognize it, but can't quite put my finger on it.

Leave a comment:

• Demanic
    replied
    The QP is going to sound phenomenal in that.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• kcrknp
    replied
    alex: Thanks for the heads up about the high mass, I will certainly consider it. I've heard good things about those strings, I've only ever used Rotosounds but I'll give them a try.

Leave a comment:

• alex1fly
    replied
    Love the block inlays. So much in fact that I've put these block inlay stickers on two of my instruments: https://www.inlaystickers.com/collec...zz-bass-blocks
    Super helpful to seeing fret markers without too much eye-aversion.

I'd consider leaving the stock bridge and not going high mass. High mass can absorb vibrations of the strings and you don't get as much wood resonance. OR, you get more wood resonance. There's no way to know beforehand. But if this is a project instrument, heck, try everything!

Since it seems like you're going for a modern, zingy type of bass sound, can I make a recommendation that you didn't ask for? These La Bella RX roundwound strings are a blast: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...5-105-4-string
    Tight lows, super balanced, a real joy under my fingers. YMMV

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    Going to all black hardware would look great on that bass.

Leave a comment:

• kcrknp
    replied
    I don't like the stock bent metal bridge either, definitely going to replace with a high mass at some point. Also probably going to change the tuners out, these feel pretty cheap. I might go all black with the hardware to match the pickguard and block inlays. I'm hoping to have time to change the stock pickup out for my QP today.

Leave a comment:

• Erlend_G
    replied
    Nice bass!

I don't know about you. But personally I think it looks cheap, with a bridge like that, where the ball ends show :o.

But the neck with inlays, and colour, is really beautiful.

Congrats.

-Erlend \m/

Leave a comment:

• kcrknp
    replied
    Thanks! This summer has not been great for rehearsal or shows. I usually jam with my father (drums) and his older buddies on classic rock songs. I've been working on the recording and production side of things instead. Its paying off.

I ordered a new soldering iron I'm waiting for it to arrive to put in the QP. Should be here in a couple days.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X