8-string (4 pairs), picolo, short scale basses , ppl share your thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8-string (4 pairs), picolo, short scale basses , ppl share your thoughts

what I got in mind is early manowar sounds/tones.

Why do you want paired strings and picolo? Then it's not a bass anymore, it's just a uke lol. Just use light gauge strings for the strings in the proper bass octave and have the paired strings be picolo.
    Last edited by Clint 55; 11-05-2020, 07:35 AM.
    Originally posted by NegativeEase
    I'd wager that Clint can best GuitarStv at Wat and WAAAT... but not Watts.

I think in the International System of Units (SI) a "WAT" is defined as a derived unit of 1 Clint besmirchment per hour

and WAAAT is defined as a derived unit of 1 Clint kilojoule of described Nirvana transgression per post.

Comment

This is interesting, and something I know nothing about (other than Stanley Clarke using such a thing).
      Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
        Why do you want paired strings and picolo? Then it's not a bass anymore, it's just a uke lol. Just use light gauge strings for the strings in the proper bass octave and have the paired strings be picolo.
        thnx I didnt mean all of those attributes at the same time. I meant the kind of "treble-ie" basses, like in Manowar. What I think I like most is 8-string, in a configuration as you said, 4 standard bass + 4 guitar-tuned (1 octave up ).

But I think that short scale e.g. 30" and standard bass tuning + one good octave pedal (1 octave up), would do wonders.
        Last edited by greekdude; 11-06-2020, 09:42 AM.

Comment

I think it's a really bad ass sound. Should sound good whatever you go with. Do you already have a 4 string bass you can set up treble-y? Then you can focus your efforts on the 8 string for the new one?

I think in the International System of Units (SI) a "WAT" is defined as a derived unit of 1 Clint besmirchment per hour

and WAAAT is defined as a derived unit of 1 Clint kilojoule of described Nirvana transgression per post.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
            This is interesting, and something I know nothing about (other than Stanley Clarke using such a thing).
            Funny you mention that. "Quiet Afternoon", from the "School Days" album, was the first thing I thought of when I saw the thread title. Great song.

Comment

Stanley certainly had a weird bass tone, but it worked for him.
              Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

Comment

Jolly is the expert here I think...
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

i'll check out this song. thanx Aceman and Mincer and ArtieToo , hey Clint 55 I dont have no bass, only a 25.5" 7-string guitar

Comment

I generally think of short scale as kinda thuddy with a strong fundamental. I don’t hear what you’re describing, at all.

Comment

I was thinking that also. If you want trebly maybe stay with regular scale. Let us know if you go with 4 string or 8 string.

Comment

Working...
                      X