Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Bass-ic Bass Board

Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Cool. Do you use the EQ much? I ask because I notice that it's controls are "flat", and my bass's have 2 or 3-band active EQ that covers most of my bases. (No pun intended.)

Just curious.

Comment

I use it to balance out switching from one bass to another. Primarily for the level, but also any unwelcome boom or screech or whatever I don't want. Pop on a new bass, hit the sonic adjuster and rock on.

Its flat because a bass player is borrowing that bass at the moment. Haven't had a chance to set it.

Comment

I like that anti-boom idea. I'll have to play with my Battalion more. It has a nice 4-band EQ built-in. That should cover my needs.

Heard a lot about that Ampeg SCR-DI.

Comment

You know - I run this straight into my Hartke TX300. That has Drive and compression, as well as a shape control + EQ. I really like the sound of the Hartke period. Just good all around for whatever. I might like the Hartke Drive better than the Scrambler. When Live with the board, I wouldn't use the Comp or Dist from the Hartke.

Hartke Drive = Smooth / 100% wet
          Scrambler = Raw / Blendable

Hartke Comp = 1 knob. It works ok
          Boss = Level/Enhance/Ratio/Threshshold. Primarily a limiter, primarily what I need.

That said - punching in the Ampeg Preamp gives a really cool sound into the Hartke. I was surprised at that. In guitar terms it would be like running a JMP1 into the front of a MESA Recto head. That would be crap....

But for Bass, it seems to work. Gives me an alternate sound on-the-fly. So with my current rig, I could use JUST the board and DI, Board + Hartke to cab, Hartke only to Cab, or Hartke DI too. Little bit-o-gear, lot of options....

Comment

The Bass Synth Wah is criminally underrated. Everything from envelope filtering for funky bass to full on synth that you could use with a modern pop group and no one would know the difference.

How does the limiter/enhancer compare to a bass compressor? Does it do what I actually want a compressor to do? Give that immediacy to the attack and increase sustain?
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Wait, where’s the chorus?
              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                The Bass Synth Wah is criminally underrated. Everything from envelope filtering for funky bass to full on synth that you could use with a modern pop group and no one would know the difference.

How does the limiter/enhancer compare to a bass compressor? Does it do what I actually want a compressor to do? Give that immediacy to the attack and increase sustain?
                Used for noises on Rock of Ages and The Final Countdown

If I wanted a chorus, I would get a Mooer Ensemble Queen and place it in the guest spot

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                  So, you are running this left to right?
                  Some nice pedals.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Meh

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                      So, you are running this left to right?
                      No - right to left

Tuner > Comp > EQ > Synth > DI >

Comment

Working...
                      X