How many basses do you own?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many basses do you own?

Just like the guitar thread, how many basses do you own?

Detail what you have and why....

Despite doing the most gigging and band playing in my life with bass, I have precious few. A Fender MIM Jazz V with Quarter Pounders that has been my main bass for over 20 years and a Squier Vintage Modifed Jazz Bass.

The odd thing is that I was “borrowing” either my brother’s Yamaha P knockoff or my friend’s 80 Jazz Bass Special (the Duff one that’s really a P with a thin neck and extra Jazz pickup).

How I am still Precision-less to this point is a mystery. I need a good vintage style P to compliment the other two would be nice.
    0 Basses
    8.11%
    1 Bass
    32.43%
    2 Basses
    10.81%
    3 Basses
    24.32%
    4 Basses
    10.81%
    5 Basses
    10.81%
    6+ Basses
    2.70%
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

One Squier Affinity P-bass.

My wife has a couple of basses, plus one that’s on “permanent loan” to her band’s singer.

Comment

One...
      MIM jazz bass.

Comment

3 An old Johnson P-bass copy that I've modded that I currently need to rewire.
        A Jackson concert V five string. And an Ibanez 4 string.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Mid-60s Hagstrom H-1, complete with tacky stickers and wooden bridge saddle
          Pre-lawsuit Ibanez Jazz Bass copy, 12-lb road warrior that I modded back in the 70s with Badass bridge and Hi-A & DiMarzio pickups
          Ibanez TR-400 PJ bass, lightweight and comfy
          Fender Blacktop Jazz Bass (these have P-bass pickups in both positions)
          Customshop Thunderbird in Deep Impact blue

The old Ibanez is a clone of the Fender Jazz I bought in '71, which I foolishly lent to a band called Legs Latreau and never saw again.

Also had a metallic green Ibanez PJ bass with active EQ. Gave that to my son.
          It was a near-perfect match to his metallic green Ibanez 6-string.
          "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

One Squier Jazz Bass (with a flying saucer sticker). Easy to play, and sounds great.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I've had so many...Right now? Put together or in pieces?
              The only two that leap to mind right now is my yellow Toby bass and my red Yamaha BB-100..

aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Only 1 right now. A Sterling SUB Ray4. Replaced the stock pickup with a Seymour Duncan SMB-4. Great playing bass for $300. I want a Fender P-Bass though. Those are my favorites.

Comment

What is the difference between a jazz bass and a regular bass?
                  I am professional writer at essayhelp.

Comment

A faux Rickenbacker 4001 which I have been told is actually a Univox with SD Rickenbacker pickups. A Bronco bass with an EMG SA. A Yamaha Attitude Standard bass with Dimarzio P/J set.

Comment

3 Sandberg’s, 2 x J types and 1 x P type. Why? I don’t really know but I did have 5 at one point so not as bad as I was.

Comment

Originally posted by YunCalhoun View Post
                        I am professional writer at essayhelp.
                        Pickups for one, neck width and thickness as well, and body shape (obviously).

Comment

Define regular bass.

aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Main bass: Black Squire PJ

Also a Silver Jackson JS2, A Natural Dean Crusher 5 string, and a cheap Black w/ Pink Duct Tape stripes Dean Metalman (explorer shape)
                            Originally posted by Bad City
                            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

used to have more but currently only one. epiphone allan woody rumble kat and i love it

Comment

Working...
                              X