Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beaubrummels
    replied
    I'm surprised everyone here missed the most famous example. Pink Floyd's One Of These Days is built around a slow tremolo on the bass and feeding that into a delay. (at least the back half of the song)
    Last edited by beaubrummels; 09-16-2021, 12:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied
    Originally posted by alex1fly View Post
    I just think dubstep.
    I love dubstep. Even though I don't know where that name came from.

Leave a comment:

• alex1fly
    replied
    I just think dubstep.

Leave a comment:

• Dudeman7
    replied
    Been using an Earthquaker Devices Night Wire on my bass board lately. That one is a game changer. Not only is it a terrific harmonic tremolo, but it offers a range of control that is uncommon.

This thing gives me the ability to control the speed of the trem with my playing dynamics, and by extension, my volume control. It's pretty wild and opens up rhythmic possibilities that were previously unavailable to me.

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    I have 4 Basses, and 18 pedals capable of Tremolo. They have somehow never crossed paths...

Leave a comment:

• mkhtfld76
    replied
    The name is awesome

I have never used the effect on bass. I'd love to hear it though.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Dudeman7
    replied
    Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

Nice name. So . . . that's a bass tremolo?
    It's good for bass or guitar. It doesn't have any frequency filtering or tone stack so what goes in, comes out a'throbbin'.

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied
    Originally posted by Dudeman7 View Post
    This is the one that I built. Digging it so far.
    Nice name. So . . . that's a bass tremolo?

Leave a comment:

• Dudeman7
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20210317_185740.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	6066969

This is the one that I built. Digging it so far.

Leave a comment:

• El Dunco
    replied
    Lamb Of God's bass track for Pathetic is totally using tremolo or heavily strip-silencing it in a manner that sounds exactly like a tremolo at 3:20 here (I've heard the track minus the drums and it's more obvious there)

Leave a comment:

• BRHGM
    replied
    Kahler USA still does make several bass trems. They are quite expensive. He may mean that it’s not a factory option anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    Originally posted by Adieu View Post
    Smiths - How Soon is Now...or maybe that was just guitar, but somebody had a cover with bass tremolo? I forget
    Yes, that is a "kinda" triple-tracked guitar. One guitar into two Twin Reverbs set at different tremolo speeds recorded in stereo and a slide guitar track.

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied
    Originally posted by Dudeman7 View Post
    Got on here to see if anyone else used tremolo with bass and BAM! there's this thread right at the top.
    Yup. We cover a lot of bases here. (Rimshot!)

Leave a comment:

• Dudeman7
    replied
    I used to use a tremolo patch on a Zoom multi effect processor like 20 years ago.

The originals band I was in gave me a lot of freedom to play with effects since we were a trio and there was a lot of sonic space to fill. One song in particular used the tremolo heavily as the basis of the main bassline. Other times, I would kick it on along with other effects for weird rhythmic breaks in songs. (We did a lot of freak out, stoner type improvisation.)

Funny enough, I have been thinking about bringing tremolo back into my effects chain and I just finished building a tremolo pedal 30 minutes ago.

Got on here to see if anyone else used tremolo with bass and BAM! there's this thread right at the top.

I'm buying a lottery ticket tomorrow!

Leave a comment:

• NegativeEase
    replied
    Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    Chis Squire used one on Yes' "Starship Trooper", though I don't know if he did it with an amp or pedal or what.

Damn, beat me to it -best bass part ever at the end (the whole song has tremelo)

skip to 5:38 if you want to hear Chris Squire come in with Bass Tremelo with overdrive in front of it (he's panned right)..... trust me, wait for it.
    Last edited by NegativeEase; 03-10-2021, 12:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X