Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explorer84
    replied
    I use the Jim Dunlop XL Series Jazz III picks. They have a much smoother surface which don’t “grip” the strings quite as much.

Leave a comment:

• solspirit
    replied
    Anybody try these?

Bog Street MINI BEAST Guitar Picks, 3-Sided Jazz Style Guitar Picks, Heavy and Small, Black (6-Pack) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08C2CLD33...7GYRHWQN4NYQYC

Leave a comment:

• solspirit
    replied
    Originally posted by 80's_Thrash_Metal View Post
    For bass I like these Dunlop Primetone 3mm picks
    Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l640.png
Views:	119
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	6173961
    These look good

Leave a comment:

• 80's_Thrash_Metal
    replied
    For bass I like these Dunlop Primetone 3mm picks
    Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l640.png
Views:	119
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	6173961

Leave a comment:

• JamesPaul
    replied
    Amateur bass player, but if I am using a pick it is Purple Tortex.

Leave a comment:

• Demanic
    replied
    This. It used to say "0.10" before the ink wore off.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• solspirit
    replied
    Originally posted by Erlend_G View Post

I have the opposite experience; i.e. a lighter pick sounds "clicky", and I need a certain thickness (1,1,14mm) to avoid it! :o

thanks for sharing.

-Erl
    Same here

Leave a comment:

• Erlend_G
    replied
    Originally posted by dystrust View Post

(...)
    My favorite acoustic pick is a Dunlop 0.73mm nylon, but I can use anything with similar weight and flex. I don't care for the loud 'click' I get from a heavier pick on acoustic.

For bass I swear by yellow 0.73mm Ultex triangle picks. They have the punch and 'heaviness' of a thicker pick without the click/clank.
    I have the opposite experience; i.e. a lighter pick sounds "clicky", and I need a certain thickness (1,1,14mm) to avoid it! :o

thanks for sharing.

-Erl

Leave a comment:

• solspirit
    replied
    For bass; I like a Gator 2mm...

but for guitars; I swear by rosewood/walnut wooden picks! Once I tried wood- I'm NEVER going back!! =)

Timber Tones got some nices ones; (wanting to try their carbon fiber ones?!), ... but the ones on Wish, made out of (sorry, rain forest), is the very best.

-Erlend ♫
    You got me thinking Erl, I think I want to try some shark tooth picks on guitar.

Leave a comment:

• solspirit
    replied

but for guitars; I swear by rosewood/walnut wooden picks! Once I tried wood- I'm NEVER going back!! =)

Timber Tones got some nices ones; (wanting to try their carbon fiber ones?!), ... but the ones on Wish, made out of (sorry, rain forest), is the very best.

-Erlend ♫
    Most of that is grown on plantations now, I considered growing Teak but I couldnt have handled the 6 years with no income and have still put out $$ for labor and fertilizer.

I went with the eucalyptus instead, because it only had a 3-4 year turnaround time.

Leave a comment:

• Erlend_G
    replied

-Erlend ♫

Leave a comment:

• dystrust
    replied
    Originally posted by Securb View Post
    It really depends on what I am doing. I look at picks like golf clubs or paintbrushes. Different picks for different situations. I will say the more stunning involved the lighter the pick, the more aggressive the lead playing the thicker the pick up to 2 - 3mm.
    Essentially this. My primary pick on electric is purple Tortex (1.14mm), but I"ll also use blue (1mm), green (0.88mm) or yellow (0.73mm) depending on what I'm playing through and the tone I'm after. I play a Fender Heavy if that's what's available, but I generally stick with those four because I've found what works for me. I played original Jazz IIIs for years but stopped because I didn't like how bright they were when recording.

My favorite acoustic pick is a Dunlop 0.73mm nylon, but I can use anything with similar weight and flex. I don't care for the loud 'click' I get from a heavier pick on acoustic.

For bass I swear by yellow 0.73mm Ultex triangle picks. They have the punch and 'heaviness' of a thicker pick without the click/clank.

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    It really depends on what I am doing. I look at picks like golf clubs or paintbrushes. Different picks for different situations. I will say the more stunning involved the lighter the pick, the more aggressive the lead playing the thicker the pick up to 2 - 3mm.

Leave a comment:

• threechordcharlie
    replied
    I use a copper pick on my Tele, a Dunlap medium thumb pick on acoustic, and on the rare occasion I use a pick on bass; felt.

Leave a comment:

• Demanic
    replied
    I like a lot of really bright attack especially for my bass sound.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X