Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my Les Paul!!!

Well, finally got my Les Paul standard.

Its a heritage cherry one with a fat 50's neck and oh boy....its NICE!

Construction and build and quality looks to be pretty damn good, and the action and feel its got right out of the box is amazing! Just feels so good to bend and play on, and its got a resonance to it which is just lovely

The stock alnico V burstbuckers sound pretty good too, especially the neck sounds great for jazz, really really warm cleans, and the middle position is great for clean stuff of all sorts. The bridge is however a little weaker but still sounds great with a little more kick behind it. On my ENGL i turn the sensitivity switch on with the clean channel and play through the bridge pickup and it sounds great for semi clean rock chords and stuff, just great!

And the finish is fantastic...ill nab my sisters digital camera and take some pics soon

Ill probably change the pickups when i get the money, to either a CC/Jazz combo or a JB/Jazz combo...leaning heavily towards the CC/Jazz combo.

The fingerboard looks great too, the rosewood is much darker than i thought it would be, i almost thought it could be ebony when i first saw it!

Fantastic guitar...very very happy! My faith in Gibson is restored
    My Soundclick page.

Re: Got my Les Paul!!!

Congrats. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

I'd hold off on the pup change. If the Burstbuckers are working for you, then leave it as it is for now...if it aint busted, don't fix it!!!
    'No matter how hot and sexy any woman looks, some guy, somewhere, is tired of putting up with her sh#t..'

Comment

Excellent, 'bro! I just bought a Gibby Studio yesterday and will probably put a Custom and a '59 in it for now until I decide whether I go the same route as you with the JB/Jazz set.

Congrats, and let the Pauly-Mojo flow!

Comment

Congrats! Hows that nitro smell
        Low wattage rocks!
        Bumbox Lead 1
        Orange Tiny Terror
        Vox 120VTH
        ----------------------
        Gibson LP Standard - SG Supreme
        Agile LP-2500 - Jackson JSX-94

Comment

I also have a Les Paul 2003 Standard with the 50s neck and it is magical. I actually like the stock electronics and pickups even with the 300k volume pots.

I am learning to love the lower output pickups and you should have all the gain you need from that amp so learn to love it! Don't change out p'ups just yet, trust me!!

I am getting great Jerry Cantrel tones with my LP Standard.

I've tried the C-5 and BBQ in my LP and have no problem leaving the stock electronics in place!!
          Last edited by papersoul; 07-02-2004, 10:24 AM.

Comment

great man, i'm happy you're happy bout your new axe. cant wait to see the pix
            :firing: :soapbox: :rocket: :omg:
            Its the way things are, kill the ones w/ the ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by papersoul
              I also have a Les Paul 2003 Standard with the 50s neck and it is magical. I actually like the stock electronics and pickups even with the 300k volume pots.

I am learning to love the lower output pickups and you should have all the gain you need from that amp so learn to love it! Don't change out p'ups just yet, trust me!!

I am getting great Jerry Cantrel tones with my LP Standard.

I've tried the C-5 and BBQ in my LP and have no problem leaving the stock electronics in place!!
              Magical is a good word for it, it just feels magical

Ive got no problems with the sound of the stock electronics, although i would like to perhaps make a tone knob into a splitter blender knob because i just dont use tone controls. But apart from something like that im not going to be going into different volume pots and things unless i find out exactly what difference they make...i somehow dont think ill need to frigg with it too much though, its got a great vibe already and like Duncan said...if it aint broke, dont fix it!
              My Soundclick page.

Comment

Now learn to play the darn thing haha!! Congrats man.. it sounds like a beaut
                My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

Hey congrats! Just received mine today too. !!
                  Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

C-5/Jazz nickelcovered! Cause "Only a Gibson with Duncans is Good Enough"
                    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Congrats - after all that you have been through glad that the guitar is what you want. Can't wait to see the pictures. As Duncan and others have said leave the stock pups on them because they are reminisicient of the way Gibson used to make them - although they do sound a bit warmer. If you go down the route of changing out the pups - be very careful - it could be very expensive.

Have you got your amp as yet?
                      Normans Guitars

Comment

congrats !!
                        enjoy and play in good health .. post up some pics and clips for us to enjoy soon!
                        cheers
                        t4d
                        gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Excellent!

Which year was it made in?

How do you like the fatter neck?
                          °
                          my stuff

Comment

nice one man

and you got the fat neck as well! welcome to comfort land my friend
                            My clips

Originally posted by Rid
                            How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

Originally posted by Norman_T
                              Congrats - after all that you have been through glad that the guitar is what you want. Can't wait to see the pictures. As Duncan and others have said leave the stock pups on them because they are reminisicient of the way Gibson used to make them - although they do sound a bit warmer. If you go down the route of changing out the pups - be very careful - it could be very expensive.

Have you got your amp as yet?
                              Nah havent got the amp yet, but its en route and should be here on the 8th july. But i wont be able to play it straight away ill have to get the power converted, but it'll look mighty nice in the meantime
                              My Soundclick page.

Comment

Working...
                              X