Guitar Strap locks problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Strap locks problem

i was puttin my new strap lock in about a month ago, and i used my old screws, and it was fine for like a week but then it started to come out!!!!! so the peg was sticking out like 1/4 inch from the guitar held by the screw.... i put wood glue in it, iuno if this was a good idea but it worked.. so what im asking is what happened and was wood glue a good ideA?

-Cobalt blue Charvel
    -Seymour duncan live wire heavy metal humbuckers
    -Gibson amp( model unknown its too old)
    -Behringer V-amp 2

Re: Guitar Strap locks problem

did the threads in the wood strip? that might be why the screws leaders aren't holding in...
    :firing: :soapbox: :rocket: :omg:
    Its the way things are, kill the ones w/ the ideas.

Comment

im pretty sure the threads in the wood striped cuz the screw was perfectly fine

-Cobalt blue Charvel
      -Behringer V-amp 2

Comment

Are the screws that came with the straplocks bigger, i.e.thicker or longer?

If they are, then remove the locks, put toothpicks soaked in wood-glue into the holes, and reinstall the straplocks with the correct screws (I personally use even longer ones than are usually supplied)
        Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus
          Are the screws that came with the straplocks bigger, i.e.thicker or longer?

If they are, then remove the locks, put toothpicks soaked in wood-glue into the holes, and reinstall the straplocks with the correct screws (I personally use even longer ones than are usually supplied)
          thank you man, now i kno i did the right thing thanks guys

-Cobalt blue Charvel
          -Behringer V-amp 2

Comment

I use DiMarzio Clip-Lock straps, and use these rediculously long (like 4") screws with them. One time of the undersized original popping out, and a Les Paul taking a dive into the floor was enough I can do the "spin the guitar over your shoulder" trick all night now, and know it ain't coming off
            “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by Charvel
              thank you man, now i kno i did the right thing thanks guys
              But did you fill the hole with tooth picks and glue, let it cure and then redrill it, just putting glue in there and screwing it back in is taking a chance.
              ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
              ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
              Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Working...
              X