banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I get a D.I. box for my acoustic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I get a D.I. box for my acoustic?

What advantages would a Direct Input box give me for plugging my acoustic directly into a mixer as opposed to not having one?

My Tacoma acoustic is equipped with a Fishman Prefix Plus piezo system, and my mixer is a Mackie 1202 VLZ-Pro... so neither the mixer or the pickup is a slouch in any respect. (Which is why I'm wondering if I really need something else)

I'd be using the setup for small live gigs (think coffee house) and some recording.
    -Alex

*Proud Owner and Player of Guage guitars, Warmoth guitars, and Orange amps*

Originally posted by HamerPlyr
    I'm already wearing the costume, and Fredericks of Hollywood on the corset and also on the panties, which, of course, have the "convenience crotch".

Re: Should I get a D.I. box for my acoustic?

isn't a DI box just an impedence matcher to match the level of an instrument to microphone level?
    -Greg

Guitars:
    2016 Ibanez RG6003FM (JB/'59nJ)
    2018 G&L Tribute Legacy (Hot Rails/stock/stock)
    2019 Squier Affinity Telecaster HH (Esquire'd w/ JB)
    Applause/Ovation AE28 Acoustic/Electric

Comment

Re: Should I get a D.I. box for my acoustic?

Originally posted by skyydogg01
      isn't a DI box just an impedence matcher to match the level of an instrument to microphone level?
      Honestly, I'm not sure.. I'm kind of a newb with DI stuff.
      -Alex

*Proud Owner and Player of Guage guitars, Warmoth guitars, and Orange amps*

Originally posted by HamerPlyr
      I'm already wearing the costume, and Fredericks of Hollywood on the corset and also on the panties, which, of course, have the "convenience crotch".

Comment

Working...
      X