Gots My Wolfie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gots My Wolfie!

Hey my Wolfie arrived just yesterday,USA Carved top cherryburst Trem version , i was so excited when the courier dude called me an said he was nearly here... Thanks to fellow forumite ntotoro for sellin it to me, this thing is in perfect condition, not 1 single tiny scratch anywhere on the thing whatsoever, He packed her very well too... Cheers Nick..

Anywho im really liking this guitar... as soon as i put it on a strap i found this to be the most comfortable guitar ive ever layed hands on, it balances perfect on me and the contours and general feel to it is perfect IMO..

The neck is exactly what ive been looking for, its not too thick but kinda has a gibsonesqe type thickness, and its not ibanez thin which i feel is really lifeless and feels like your actually not playing anything, i feel thin necks take away from the feel of the instrument...

I Was so impressed with the tone from this thing, when i strung up and played a chord it sounded absolutly fantastic acoustic, as any other electric ive played didnt really sound nice at all acoustic..These pickups are so powerful, the peavey evh custom wound pickups on this have quiet a high output or so it would seem..I had to turn down the clean channel from what i usually had it set for the lil demon on my aria to prevent deafness..The crunch i can get from this with my marshall DSL50 is INSANE..I mean INSANE... crazy, The Overdrive is Equally as Insane, the pickups can really drive those tubes much more than the lil demon and sounds Teriffic!!
    Acreamin Harmonics as well, I went for a pinch with the volume reasonably high and scared the crap out of myself,i never heard such crazy harmonics in person before...

All In All I Love This Guitar and IMO is The Best looking guitar ive ever seen...

Thanks Eddie..

And Nick too..

Edit: Also that D-Tuner is a great little device, it works perfectly..
    The floyd on it stay in tune perfectly also, you could divebomb for hours on end and only have to make minor fine tune adjustments (of course ive only put on new strings so they're still stretching for a while)
    Last edited by y2stevo; 07-02-2004, 05:32 PM.
    Marshall JVM 410C
    Mesa Boogie DC-3
    ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
    1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
    2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
    2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
    1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
    2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
    1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Re: Gots My Wolfie!

congrats thoose are great guitars my friend has one
    Guitars
    MIA Olypmic white Strat, Warmoth Neck(Brazilian Rosewood)-Fralin Vintage Hots
    MIA Strat '57 RI, Tobacco Sunburst
    Danny Gatton Trib Tele-Barden Rail/Tex Mex
    Agile Al-3000-'59/Seth
    MIJ "Blackie" Strat-Ant Texas Hots

Amps
    70's Fender Super Reverb Head, Blackfaced by Billy Penn
    Fender Deluxe Plus 112

Pedals
    Modded V-847, Sniper GE-7, Boss CH-1, Modded TS-9, Boss SD-1, Boss DS-1, Keeley Blues Driver, Carl Martin Rock Drive.

Comment

Heh-heh . . . another Peavey bro.

Sounds cool Stevo.

Comment

Congrats man and I am sure you are going to enjoy it - any chance of pics and updating your sig?
        Normans Guitars

Comment

oh man i so envy you!

a wolfie is the only floyd guitar i actually like atm, i wish i could afford the USA carved top one its amazing

anychance of a home adress and when your outta the house so i can steal it

nice score man
          My clips

Originally posted by Rid
          How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

Congratz on joining the Wolf Gang!!! Excuse the bad pun *grin*

Comment

Now we sound like U-boat gang Wolfpacks.

Comment

Oh Man Every one a funny post, that must be a first..
                nuntius- You seriously have to start saving up bro cos it will be worth it in the end
                Day 4 of having it and its growing on me even more..I just cant get over the neck on this thing, its absolutly perfect, It really was a lucky hit or miss,

When i bought it i had never actually even played or seen a wolfgang in person as nowhere or no-one i know in ireland had one , i was asking around here for the perfect guitar advice that i was looking for a neck not to thin like ibanez which i loath, but not super thick, This is just 100% perfect for me... Just plain great guitar..

And Norman unfortunatly i would have pics up already but last week out digitar cam got robbed from the car while my da was in town but i can however post the pics Sent to me from Nick..

Just give me a minute to load em up..
                Marshall JVM 410C
                Mesa Boogie DC-3

Comment

It lookes 1million times better in person tho...
                  Marshall JVM 410C
                  Mesa Boogie DC-3

Comment

hey stevo are you still in contact with ntoro?

im sure he had a few going, just wanted to see if he had any more.

how much you pay (including getting it into the country)?

im getting a job soon so maybe i could.. pay back my parents at a later date
                    My clips

Originally posted by Rid
                    How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

I had a mere interest in the korean quilt top version, mainly because of the non recessed trem and the d-tuna, not sure about the body though. Anyways since i have killed the Gas within me i hav no desire for a new guitar. mainly because i can only really have one at uni. Maybe i should get one since i am wolf hmm. Anyways enjoy your new guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wolf
                        I had a mere interest in the korean quilt top version, mainly because of the non recessed trem and the d-tuna, not sure about the body though. Anyways since i have killed the Gas within me i hav no desire for a new guitar. mainly because i can only really have one at uni. Maybe i should get one since i am wolf hmm. Anyways enjoy your new guitar!
                        Oh yeh the non recsessed Trem is A Godsend, Great sustain and no tuning issues..Anyways thanks Bro!!
                        Marshall JVM 410C
                        Mesa Boogie DC-3

Comment

Working...
                        X