banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could design a guitar. Your own co...What?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, I'm good at this game

I would have two guitars in my line.. first one would be the Tele I'm currently having built: Bolt-In oiled Rosewood neck, thinline mahogany body with maple cap, humbucker in neck, standard tele bridge pup, and a piezo in the bridge.

The second would be a semi-hollow similar to the Heritage Blues Deluxe. I would have an unfinished Wenge neck set 3/4 of the way into the body to allow for a string-thru body design. The body itself would be flame maple with a honeyburst finish and dual humbuckers ('59/Seth Lover).
    -Alex

*Proud Owner and Player of Guage guitars, Warmoth guitars, and Orange amps*

Originally posted by HamerPlyr
    I'm already wearing the costume, and Fredericks of Hollywood on the corset and also on the panties, which, of course, have the "convenience crotch".

Comment

Can I just buy out Sihr or Tom Anderson? is that in the rules?

OK, here's one idea:

Back routed Charvel Surfcaster body, mahogany/maple bent top.

Maple neck, fat c or v profile. Angled Jackson headstock. med jumbo frets, custom compensated nut, gotoh locking vintage fender replacement tuners.

Tele ashtray bridge with duncan antiquity tele pu and wilkinson compensated brass tele saddles. Cream p90 in neck. Three way, Volume and Tone with no-load option.

As for finish, fluo orange paisley with matching headstock would be cool.

A custom set of pickups that go from 59 to p90 to antiquity tele with the turn of a knob would be a very cool addition. Perhaps an advanced form of variax technology that intercepts the guitar's signal after the pickups and alters the pickup sound while keeping the guitar's tonal signature would be a good way of doing that.

hell, while I'm at it a micro version of the transperformance tuning system would be cool, too.
      Originally posted by Jolly
      ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

Ahhh.... the transperformance system... I can't believe I forgot that. Sign me up for that too (hey, it's only 3 and a half grand, right?
        Originally posted by kevlar3000
        I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
        Originally posted by Zerberus
        Better is often the enemy of good
        Originally posted by ginormous
        Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Funny you should mention this... I started drawing up a body design a couple of weeks ago.

Bolt-on 24-3/4" mahogany & pau ferro neck. LP shape below the waist. Two horns shaped almost like an SG's, but with the upper (bass side) horn extending farther toward the headstock to provide more of a neck pocket. Parallelogram pattern for neck bolts with a contoured heel like a Godin to get better access to the upper frets.

Semi-hollow mahogany body with a quilted maple cap, and cat-eye f-holes similar to an acoustic Rickenbacher's. Tiger's eye dye and black binding.

Seth Lovers for a tame version, and Phat Cats for the savage beast version.

Someday...

Chip
          Heritage 535 Special, Warmoth frankenstrat, MIM Strat, & Taylor 314C(no E)
          Amp Builds: Tweed Princeton (5F2-A) variation, 2 BF Princeton Reverb clones, & Super Reverb clone
          Sometimes use a Blues Jr., Tech 21 Trademark 10 & Power Engine 60
          SPG modded DS-1, TS-7 & CryBaby; Visual Sounds Rte. 66 & H2O; Guyatone Tremolo
          SD pickups: SSL-2, APS-2, tapped Quarter Pound, Custom 5 & Antiquity humbuckers

"Conan! What are the best things in life?"
          "Girls, guitars, guns and cars!"

Comment

I would try to do something using the idea of having a hollow or semi hollow body, except without the F-holes. Maybe a brighter, biting, sounding heavy wood for the body, only it would be hollow so it could have great resonance and fullness. Plus it would be light and probably allow real fat tone while being very articulate and full of life... If i only had the money...
            Last edited by Maximusgordon 2.0; 03-24-2004, 12:02 AM.
            EBMM H-S-H Silhouette

Gibson Les Paul Studio

Fender MIM Stratocaster

Bogner Goldfinger 45 1x12 Combo

Comment

Hmmm....I think I might have to design a personal luthier instead

36-24-36

Good with her hands

Makes nice guitars

Oh, and of course, likes long walks on the beach

Comment

Working...