Recovered an amp, PICS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recovered an amp, PICS

This used to be a Rogue 50 watt bass amp. It was my bassists, and he blew it out, but he had the cabinet lying around for a while though. Sometime between blowing it and giving it to me, he spray painted it a few times, a gross blotchy silverish color that came off on your clothes and your carpet and everything, also, the back was gone.

I wanted a keyboard amp, so i asked the owner of the amp inside of here to let me use it, it's an alesis 100 watt stereo power amp. I had to hack up the cabinet quite a bit to make it fit.

So anyway, I made the back for it, I found some cool white leather stuff (with a cotton-y backing, but oh well) in my closet, and the grillcloth is stuff that i had outside out by the pool for shade.

It was my first attempt at doing anything like this, and i didn't want to spend all that money and waste it, plus wait until i had no inspiration to do it.

but alas, it's not loud enough. I'm going to put in some kind of preamp. My girlfriend gave me her old practice amp, so i used that for one, and that worked good, so i wanted to build it in, but i messed it up (and got a big electrical shock my arm still tingles, and that was yesterday) somehow, although i think it's just a fuse.

Without further ado, blondie:

On the second pic, you can see where it's a little cinched where the amp meets the cabinet. I just straightened that out, it was an accident.
    Originally posted by krankguitarist
    And I *really* wouldn't lop Affliction and Ed Hardy in the same category. Affliction stuff can have a sense of subtlety to it.

Re: Recovered an amp, PICS

Looks great... I hope you're ok from that shock though
    Originally posted by kevlar3000
    I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
    Originally posted by Zerberus
    Better is often the enemy of good
    Originally posted by ginormous
    Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

I've seen the white fuzzy backing on 'marine grade vinyl'...good upholstery stuff, but will cut easily and less durable than Tolex. Looks good for a first timer, rock out with Blondie!

Gibson KS 336, LP Standard, Special and Customs
      Bogner, Orange, Tech 21 and Fender amps
      Celestion speakers
      Duncan, Bare Knuckle, WCR and Gibson pups
      Too many pedals....

Comment

Looks good....Nice job,nice and professional!

John
        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Working...
        X