Big Bends Nut Sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Bends Nut Sauce

I just put on a new set of strings and shaded the nut and saddles with pencil lead for now. i'm gonna purchase the Nut Sauce soon. The pencil method does work but its not as effective as the nut sauce probably is. Anyway, when I get the nutsauce, can I put it over the strings i just put in? or do i have to wait for the next string change to but the lube under the strings ?

Re: Big Bends Nut Sauce

Originally posted by t-wolf21
    I just put on a new set of strings and shaded the nut and saddles with pencil lead for now. i'm gonna purchase the Nut Sauce soon. The pencil method does work but its not as effective as the nut sauce probably is. Anyway, when I get the nutsauce, can I put it over the strings i just put in? or do i have to wait for the next string change to but the lube under the strings ?
    Use it right away....Lift each string up and away from the nut slot and squeeze the sauce in there...Carefully lower the strings back into the slot and enjoy smoother tuning,and your guitar will stay in tune longer without the "chinking" noise of the string catching within the nut slots on the 1st,2nd,and 3rd strings..The stuff works well...Put a little under the string tree and where your strings ride on the bridge saddles between the strings and saddle..

John
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97
      ... and (put a little) where your strings ride on the bridge saddles between the strings and saddle..John
      except if you have a piezo bridge pickup .. then do not put *anything* there .. even sweat if you can help it

cheers
      t4d
      gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

you can make your own free lube using -

a knife
        a pencil
        vaseline

put some vaseline onto a plate or something, and scrape some pencil led over it using the knife, and mix it to a black paste, and use the knife to apply it lol

works for me
        My clips

Originally posted by Rid
        How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

so i should loosen the strings and put the lube UNDER the strings not OVER...correct?

Comment

Originally posted by nuntius
            you can make your own free lube using -

a knife
            a pencil
            vaseline

works for me

You sick, sick man
            2002 PRS Singlecut, Duncan Custom / '59
            2002 Gibson LP Sandard, Duncan Custom / Burstbucker Pro
            Washburn BT2 "experimental guitar", ever changing pups
            Laney TT-20 + cab
            Marshall DSL50
            Enough effects to sink a battleship

I build custom fuzz and switch/loop boxes! PM me with your dream and I'll see what I can do!

"I, my friend, am danger on legs. DO NOT mess with me".

Comment

Originally posted by t-wolf21
              so i should loosen the strings and put the lube UNDER the strings not OVER...correct?
              That would be most effective. I know it says reduces string breakage, but even Nut Sauce could'nt help those crappy Fender Bullet strings from breaking at the bridge...it does work good with my Bigsby.

Gibson KS 336, LP Standard, Special and Customs
              Bogner, Orange, Tech 21 and Fender amps
              Celestion speakers
              Duncan, Bare Knuckle, WCR and Gibson pups
              Too many pedals....

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnylane
                You sick, sick man

lol
                My clips

Originally posted by Rid
                How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

I just love that name (Big Bends Nut Sauce) Wanna get the t-shirt.
                  Seymour Duncans I've owned: Dimebucker, '59n, '59b, PG+n, JB, Phat Cat, PGn, Custom, Seth Lover, '78.

Comment

Working...
                  X